No announcement yet.

Wayland Protocols 1.27 Brings Content Type Hinting, Idle Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no PiP support and Fractional scaling support. Until both is supported, I will continue using X11.

Comment

I don't use Wayland because in KDE click on launchers don't have any animation or feedback whatsoever. This is missing.
      Also scaling my two 4K monitors work but image and fonts are blurry.
      I will continue to use X11 until this is fixed.

Comment

The content type hint notification is used for enabling clients to provide hints to the Wayland compositor around the type of visual content provided by the app. In turn the content type hint notifications can be used for the compositor to adapt its behavior.
        I bet Valve will be one of the first ones to use this, specially with csgo being the most common complaint about input lag with the forced vsync of wayland

Comment

Which games are you playing that are so VRAM heavy? So far I've not seen any game filling up my 4GB 1050Ti @ 1080p. Even CP2077 uses like 3GB with the highest quality textures. At least according to MSI AfterBurner/RTSS.

Comment

Originally posted by binarybanana View Post
            Which games are you playing that are so VRAM heavy? So far I've not seen any game filling up my 4GB 1050Ti @ 1080p. Even CP2077 uses like 3GB with the highest quality textures. At least according to MSI AfterBurner/RTSS.
            While I find that hard to believe I wont argue since I've never tested it. However playing in 4K most modern games are hard to fit in to my 6GB of VRAM I usually have to turn down texture or shadow quality or reduce resolution despite having FPS to spare just because VRAM‌ gets filled up in games like CoD Warfare, Far Cry 6 or Halo Infinite.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Based on the description, this one should have been named Karen.
              Did you watch Childhood's End (2015)? Whenever I read "Karen" I recall "Karellen" from this movie, probably because they sound alike and I watched the movie before learning about the Karen phenomenon.

Comment

every time I see wayland news, it just makes me want to use wayland even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                  every time I see wayland news, it just makes me want to use wayland even less.
                  Are you ok?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Are you ok?
                    as fine as can be.

Comment

Originally posted by furtadopires View Post

I bet Valve will be one of the first ones to use this, specially with csgo being the most common complaint about input lag with the forced vsync of wayland
                      Forced vsync? Are you using Nvidia?

Comment

Working...
                      X