Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sway 1.7-rc1 Has Better Zero-Copy Direct Scanout, Drops "--my-next-gpu-wont-be-nvidia"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bple2137 View Post
    Too soon IMHO. NVIDIA Wayland support is still highly incomplete and we're not even sure if it's coming sooner than in next 5 years or so
    That's what I thought, too. But it's better for the Linux side to be the "bigger man" and lend out an olive branch sooner than nVidia. Makes them look even more pathetic in the long-run.

Comment

Didnt know about that flag name. Lol

Comment

I wish sway (wlroots) supported overlay planes and zero copy direct scanout for them because right now I have to run applications in fullscreen to get reasonable performance on my pinephone. With the overlay planes I should be able to have the same performance while being able to see a top and bottom bar (or a virtual keyboard).

Comment

I have issues with pointer stuttering when playing Valheim on Sway, for the in-game pointer.
          The game and mouse input works well otherwise. Perhaps some of the improvements in 1.7 fixes my issue?

I should try installing the rc and test it, and if it doesn't, log a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
            Editing the .desktop via Menulibre is the easiest/best option.
            A little later on this, but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
            X