Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's Mutter 3.35.1 Fixes The Night Light Mode On Wayland

Phoronix: GNOME's Mutter 3.35.1 Fixes The Night Light Mode On Wayland

With many of the prominent fixes that we've talked about for GNOME Shell and Mutter since last month's 3.34 release having been back-ported to 3.34.1, this weekend's release of GNOME Shell 3.35.1 and Mutter 3.35.1 as the first steps towards GNOME 3.36 aren't all that big. But at least in the case of this new Mutter development release are some worthwhile fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I don't know if this is related to Wayland or GNOME Videos.

In a Wayland session if I use the GNOME Videos application, I couldn't use the GUI controls with the mouse.
    Controls to set the volume, the relative reproduction position and such.

I can control it with my multimedia keyboard keys.

In a X session this doesn't happen.

EDIT : GNOME 3.34 on Arch Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

In a Wayland session if I use the GNOME Videos application, I couldn't use the GUI controls with the mouse.

You should probably file that as an issue upstream so the correct people can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

I think this (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/clutter/issues/11) may be the corresponding issue. The bug fix was already merged (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/clutt...ge_requests/10) but a new version of clutter still has to be released. The last version was released two years ago.

Comment

I just tested Fedora 31 to see how the beta was doing, and tried turning on the Night Light mode. It worked well, but I noticed that the cursor was unaffected by the color change on Wayland, which resulted in it being rather bright (and blue) compared to everything else. Anyone know if that is fixable?

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
            I just tested Fedora 31 to see how the beta was doing, and tried turning on the Night Light mode. It worked well, but I noticed that the cursor was unaffected by the color change on Wayland, which resulted in it being rather bright (and blue) compared to everything else. Anyone know if that is fixable?
            I have a feeling that's possibily because of using a hardware cursor, Windows has the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by cynical View Post
              This is because with some hardware/drivers (e.g. older AMD/ATI, and even newer ones without DC), the gamma LUT isn't applied to the HW cursor. It can be worked around in software, e.g. xf86-video-amdgpu/ati do so. But for generic userspace such as mutter to do it, the kernel would need to grow a generic mechanism to check for this.

Comment

Working...
              X