KDE Has Another Wayland Fractional Scaling Fix, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Has Another Wayland Fractional Scaling Fix, Other Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Has Another Wayland Fractional Scaling Fix, Other Improvements

Following last week's Akademy 2019 developer conference in Milan, KDE developers this week not only released the Plasma 5.17 beta but they've been busy with a ton of other bug fixing and improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Correction: Everything could be blurry, including firefox and fonts/icons in other applications. This was also the second revision, after the mipmap version of the patch was scraped (Patch D23669).

(Also there is still a bug with cursors becoming humongous when hovering over certain elements and using a fractional scale.)
    Last edited by Baguy; 22 September 2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Kate’s External Tools plugin is back after an 8-year hiatus, allowing you to extend Kate with custom scripts to process text and files! Personally I find this to be huge, and affords Kate the power of my prior all-time favorite editor in macOS, TextMate (Dominik Haumann, Kate 19.12.0):
      Wow. Thank you very much. That's epic.

Comment

Will they ever fix keyboard layout indicator in Wayland session? How fixing it is harder than fractional scaling? This is basic internationalization, it should been working from very beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Great. KDE fixing their GTK integration bugs will help all users on the more popular desktops. Less complaints, malicious peer pressure or hate towards the superior CSD.
          Please leave. No one wants to hear your hate speech.

Comment

skeevy420 No hate speech. Quite the opposite. KDE fixed some of it many KDE bugs that made KDE users complain about other desktops. Everybody likes that.
            Why is it when I make that kind of a comment it's hate speech and when you make that comment it's not? You implied that it has an inferior design method and that it's an unpopular desktop. That's....I ain't going there today

just take that as a tongue-in-cheek comment based on our back and forth yesterday. I'm well aware that what you posted wasn't intended to be hateful or meant to imply the things above...at least I hope not, giving you the benefit of the doubt ...just as much as my things weren't meant to be taken in a hateful or negative manner.

I'm going to just drop this topic now.

Can we be civil after this?

Comment

skeevy420 No hate speech. Quite the opposite. KDE fixed some of it many KDE bugs that made KDE users complain about other desktops. Everybody likes that.
              KDE have to fix GTK apps just because GTK developers don't do it.

Qt app can use any GTK theme without any GTK developer think about it. Qt app use the dialogs from GTK when in a GTK environment out of the box. Even ok/cancel buttons order is on the correct position for GTK environment on qt apps. Qt global menu just work on GTK desktop.

And the opposit are just not true.

Comment

Great. KDE fixing their GTK integration bugs will help all users on the more popular desktops. Less complaints, malicious peer pressure or hate towards the superior CSD.
                144Hz please keep the CSD/GNOME talk/propaganda to a minimum.

Comment

Comment

Some proton games have a fullscreen(and windowed fullscreen) mouse capture issue with plasma5 atm, I hope that gets improved sometime.
                    I think it mostly affects people with dual monitor setups. (something linux is universally not great at).

Comment

Working...
                    X