I hope he is sober while merging this code.*

*Brazilians will understand :-)
    Explaining the joke for non-brazilians:
    Cana = slang for cachaça, a distilled beverage strong as vodka
    Brava = slang for intensity, like strong something

So Canabrava would sound like DamnStrongVodka

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      Im starting to think that simply forking X to remove the legacy stuff everybody complains about and keeping the current features used would be a much better, and faster to adopt, project.
      Breaking backwards compatibility for the sake of moving halfway to a new API that isn't what anyone wants would have been deeply stupid.

Either keep the old API working, or move to a new one that people think is better. Half measures are the worst of both worlds.

Comment

A aWasn’t one of the points in favor of Wayland that “desktop environments already do everything themselves and push the finished frame to X”? If that was true, why is it taking so long to switch to a display API that’s been stable for years?

Im starting to think that simply forking X to remove the legacy stuff everybody complains about and keeping the current features used would be a much better, and faster to adopt, project.
        No, that part is easy and was solved long ago. The problem is Wayland kept itself very limited to not have feature creep. As a result is was for a decade missing 90% of what X11 does, which isn't related to just showing images.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post

No, that part is easy and was solved long ago. The problem is Wayland kept itself very limited to not have feature creep. As a result is was for a decade missing 90% of what X11 does, which isn't related to just showing images.
          Its a bit like with WebExtensions vs old Xul/XPCOM extensions. On X11/XUL you can do pretty much everthing as long you have the session cockie/installed, where as under Wayland/Webextensions you need protocols/APIs to do something that access the data of other clients inside the browser/compositor.

Comment

I hope they Raytrace it.
            Everyone knows raytracing makes everything better.
            Raytracing just works...

Comment

Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post
              I hope they Raytrace it.
              Everyone knows raytracing makes everything better.
              Raytracing just works...
              Hi uid313.

Comment

Shouting from the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

It was always a half-assed approach only caring about Intel and some irrelevant shell
                  That's strange. Wayland has been the only display server shipped with SailfishOS ever, since 2013, running mostly on Qualcomm chips.

(I'm not sure, but I think SFOS has also been using Systemd since 2013 as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Hi uid313.
                    Nice try, but nope...
                    I'm a completely unique (human) user.
                    Definitely not a bot based on Google's AI API.

(bot #6969)

Comment

Working...
                    X