Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
    hope they start working on vulkan acceleration next
    assuming Mozilla still has employee's left to work on it, https://www.cnet.com/news/layoffs-mo...-work-in-asia/
    Last edited by Anvil; 25 January 2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Open a link in a new tab with right click like a caveman? Never!!!

Also, I get infuriated every time I am on Windows and can't paste using middle click. Its something I always brag about to Windows users, how much more convenient Linux is on shortcuts.
      Heathen! You mean you drag your mouse all the way to the address bar rather than just middle clicking on the link like an educated user?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Indeed, using middle button is not comfortable, but I set middle click to be emulated by clicking both left and right buttons at the same time. Works perfectly.
        I'm still on the same Logitech G3 gaming mouse (ambidextrous shell, IR laser for accuracy and no light pollution, two extra buttons for quickly switching desktops, and not wireless) that I bought back in 2007 and I've set eBay and Amazon Marketplace watches for a spare I can pick up. (via CamelCamelCamel in the latter case)

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
          I've set eBay and Amazon Marketplace watches for a spare I can pick up. (via CamelCamelCamel in the latter case)
          Which reminds me, I should buy a couple spare G400s mice before they go extinct. They are already out of production.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Heathen! You mean you drag your mouse all the way to the address bar rather than just middle clicking on the link like an educated user?
            Absolutely not! As a fellow gentleman, I move my pointer to the intended link and gently press the middle button to open a new tab. Only uneducated cavemen would do otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Which reminds me, I should buy a couple spare G400s mice before they go extinct. They are already out of production.
              I'm lucky in that respect. If I can confirm that the sensor produces no visible light, the Logitech G203 should to be a perfect successor to my G3 and some people put together an illumination configurator for Linux so I shouldn't even need to plug it into a Windows PC once to initialize the onboard memory to "no illumination".

Comment

Reading Mozilla's Bugzilla, it seems some Linux patches get stuck in limbo for years e.g.

Bug 720523 Use cairo image surfaces with OpenGL layers on linux;
                Bug 788319 Consider using EGL instead of GLX with Mesa drivers;
                and I recall past bugs with wallet support and Qt patches

Maybe it's conservatism or lack of QA to verify they're not a regression on any of the massive variety of Linux computers that Firefox runs on. It's great people are maintaining Flatpaks with the patches.

Comment

Working...
                X