Firefox 59 Might Ship With Working Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Does it work with Wayland in such case, or still has to rely on XWayland?
    Yes, I did test Webrender only on XWayland. If I start on Plasma-Wayland 5.12 beta the flatpak version of FirefoxNightlyWayland I have no input and I get only a white page, though the GUI elements are rendered.

Comment

one of the biggest news of this period; what about chrome?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        For example for my mouse:

Not sure why KDE doesn't provide a good GUI for libinput settings.
        We're working on it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350688

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Yes, I did test Webrender only on XWayland.
          Well, it means they didn't move it to Wayland proper with Webrender yet or at least it's not ready so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            Now if only Firefox will ship with working hardware video decoding and Opera-level battery saving.
            We'd be half way there already (could be easily integrated into a Webextension) if my API proposal (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1314076) wasn't hitting some rough patches.

Admittedly, their way would work too but takes more time and know-how to implement (including, apparently, bindings to Rust) and then you'd be left with an ugly Web API that you'd have to build abstractions around anyways and that requires additional failure tests (seriously. Why are Web API event types implemented as strings? That's a flexible but, albeit, horrible choice).
            Last edited by unixfan2001; 25 January 2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
              Does anyone here use the middle button for pasting? I only ever use it on the terminal, if ever.
              All the time... I get confused when I am on windows and can't do it...

Comment

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
                Does anyone here use the middle button for pasting? I only ever use it on the terminal, if ever.
                I use mouse button 3 (it's not a middle button on my trackball) to open browser links in new tabs. Keyboard is still quicker for me.

Comment

phoronix Michael, you may want to update the article. As was commented on the referenced bug today, the target milestone is for rough functionality, not shipping.

Last edited by Hamsterkill; 25 January 2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

As someone else said, I think middle-mouse paste super useful because it enables to copy two strings of texts. One through CTRL C and the other through middle mouse button. Also it can be achieve with just one hand (you need two otherwise, one for the mouse, the other one for the keyboard).

Comment

So many comments about the middle mouse button for pasting. I couldn't care less, if Firefox will ship now with Wayland support :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X