No announcement yet.

Qualcomm Mentions "Vulkan2" & What I Would Suspect Of "Vulkan 2.0"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, one of the Phoronix articles we had in on the past (some years ago): Less facts and more guessing. Why would one do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

tildearrow does an excellent job pointing out grammatical errors and is a premium for life member as a result.
      Hats off. Much respected.

I have always been happy if someone has fixed my grammar, it is like a free teacher

Comment

I take on your bet Michael! No Vulcan2 for 2018 and I get premium for life. If I lose I'll purchase premium for life. Deal or no deal?!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Maybe qualcomm just wants to convince customers that its gfx solution is futureproof. After all, a german proverb says "paper is patient"...

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
            Michael
            The articles of the last few days are very well written in my opinion. The research and background information and also the overall quality have improved further I would say. Keep it up.
            Thanks.

Good/Interesting Articles = Interesting Stuff To Test / Write About && Not Feeling Burned Out / Tired / Headaches && (Good Ad Rates || New Premium Supporters)
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
              I take on your bet Michael! No Vulcan2 for 2018 and I get premium for life. If I lose I'll purchase premium for life. Deal or no deal?!
              Sure, deal, assuming you mean Vulkan 2 and not 'Vulcan'
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                Oh, one of the Phoronix articles we had in on the past (some years ago): Less facts and more guessing. Why would one do that?
                It's conversational... What's so bad about that? He's not pretending to be an oracle here, he's just voicing his speculations on his personal website, which is perfectly reasonable. There are plenty of facts available, and unlike you, Michael's job revolves around being informed and up-to-date on tech. His opinions have value. That doesn't mean he's right, but again, this is just speculation and is meant to be conversational.

Comment

Here's what I think Vulkan should have: A mid-level graphics API (like Apple's Metal). This would lower the barrier of entry for Vulkan, and make a smoother transition from OpenGL. Given how slow Vulkan adoption is going, I think there needs to be a middle option which is significantly faster than OpenGL, but within reach for more developers.

Comment

Absolutely. Damn those typos! (And just for the record I won't be mad if I lose he he)

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

If you guys are serious about this, then maybe waxhead should make a down payment that you can refund if he wins. Otherwise, it's too easy for him to weasel out of it.

Anyway, I thought I'd seen drafts of upcoming Khronos standards, but perhaps they only make them available on a case-by-case basis. I poked around in their github account, just now, but didn't see anything that was obviously vulkan-next. Presumably, it's a private repo, if there even is one.

I'm guessing their meeting minutes are also non-public...

Comment

Working...
                      X