VK9 - Direct3D-Over-Vulkan - Reaches New Milestones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    This is all a complete waste of time and resources.

They will never finish this project considering that Wine devs haven't done that in 10+ years. Basic D3D 9c funtions can be relatively easily translated into another graphical API, but then all of a sudden, various d3dx9_XX.dll libraries contain various calls which are extremely difficult to implement. Literally hundreds of Windows games still cannot be run without native d3dx9_36.dll
    can you just fucking let a hobbyist build a hobbyist project they like, for fucks sake...

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

is it possible that you don't understand the meaning of "compliant with"!? How many cards will be able to run VULKAN's apis on linux operating systems!? As example: «vodoo cards will be able to run vulkan drivers?» nvidia cards will be able? 9800 ati card is able to run them? hd ati cards are able to manage vulkan's apis? sp which vga cards are compliant with vulkan's APIs? Now the question is more clear!?

Comment

is it possible that you don't understand the meaning of "compliant with"!? How many cards will be able to run VULKAN's apis on linux operating systems!? As example: «vodoo cards will be able to run vulkan drivers?» nvidia cards will be able? 9800 ati card is able to run them? hd ati cards are able to manage vulkan's apis? sp which vga cards are compliant with vulkan's APIs? Now the question is more clear!?
        Just FYI, a lot of people will think of "compliant with" as meaning not just sufficient HW capability but availability of drivers as well.

The most common place you see the term "compliant" or "compliance" in context of graphics APIs is compliance testing, which requires both HW capability and a working driver.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post

can you just fucking let a hobbyist build a hobbyist project they like, for fucks sake...
          For fuck's sake: there are hundreds of open source projects which could use some help, while this developer prefers to waste his time building a toy no one will use.

Raving retards everywhere.

Comment

For fuck's sake: there are hundreds of open source projects which could use some help, while this developer prefers to waste his time building a toy no one will use.

Only raving retard i see, is the one i just quoted..

Comment

Yep. There's also many people fishing as a hobby. F.. them, while there's millions of people starving in the universe. No one should fish for hobby, but feed starving people.

Comment

Well, then why don't you join them to help instead of complaining on Phoronix?

Comment

Because so many more contributors are involved with Vulkan, I expect it to eradicate Gallium just as it has eradicated AMD Mantle. Also, because WINE supports Vulkan games it would actually be interfacing with system Vulkan anyways, unlike Gallium, I'd expect VK9 actually has a chance to get mainline'd in WINE where Nine never did. And I expect it'll perform better. And then there's a good chance for Vulkan to displace Gallium for every other state tracker in Mesa because of all the industry-standard tooling available for it.

Regarding nerd rage, anyone that shows up in here wondering if a friggin' GeForce 8400M is going to run Vulkan needs to go RTFM before coming in and harassing people that have been keeping up.

Comment

which vga cards are compliant with Vulkan?
                    On Wikipedia there is a list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan...#Compatibility

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                      I expect it to eradicate Gallium just as it has eradicated AMD Mantle.
                      I imagine you know know this but your wording makes me want to check - we donated Mantle to Khronos to serve as the basis for their next-gen API, well before the Vulkan API or the name ever existed.
                      Last edited by bridgman; 30 January 2017, 08:28 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X