Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vulkan 1.2.185 Introduces Several New Extensions - Includes Presentation Work Led By Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan 1.2.185 Introduces Several New Extensions - Includes Presentation Work Led By Valve

Phoronix: Vulkan 1.2.185 Introduces Several New Extensions - Includes Presentation Work Led By Valve

Vulkan 1.2.185 was christened this morning with several new extensions being introduced...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    VK_HUAWEI_persistent_thread - Documentation is currently lacking around this Huawei vendor vendor extension for persistent thread support.

Comment

Funny that there are specialized new extensions for better present stats (if I got that right), while it is obvious to the bare eye that amdvlk can't do fifo vsync properly under high GPU load circumstances.

Comment

Michael
        Vulkan 1.2.185 was christened this morning with several new extensions being introduced.
        Please use neutral words for an international reader audience with words that are clear and unambiguous that precisely and accurately describes things and events instead of using synonyms. Write "released", not "christened".

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          Michael

Please use neutral words for an international reader audience with words that are clear and unambiguous that precisely and accurately describes things and events instead of using synonyms. Write "released", not "christened".
          The word is fine. I don't see your issue.

Comment

I really hope that they will eventually also add VK_EXT_fragment_shader_interlock to RADV.
            It is supposedly crucial for some emulators like PCSX2 and is only supported in Intel ANV.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Michael

Although I'm not native English speaker, I don't see any problem to read text with synonyms. Moreover, I prefer to read text like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

The word is fine. I don't see your issue.
                (disclaimer: I'm not a native english speaker)

"To christen" isn't as common verb as "to release", probably more common in religious scenarios as the most common translation in my language is "to baptize" instead of "to name/nominate"

I know they have different semantical meanings, just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  VK_HUAWEI_persistent_thread - Documentation is currently lacking around this Huawei vendor extension for persistent thread support.
                  I personally think it's kinda unacceptable to publish a final specification with an extension lacking documentation when all the Vulkan spec actually is is documentation. Something seems off.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

(disclaimer: I'm not a native english speaker)

"To christen" isn't as common verb as "to release", probably more common in religious scenarios as the most common translation in my language is "to baptize" instead of "to name/nominate"

I know they have different semantical meanings, just my 2 cents
                    I totally agree.
                    And I'm also not a native english speaker. And to use words like "to christen" instead of "to release" is a bit of overkill.

Comment

Working...
                    X