• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

layman -a FireBurn

emerge vulkan-base mesa

Make sure you have the vulkan use flag enabled
    Thanks! I think I'll wait for the official merge though
    I am missing the official AMDGPU drivers on Gentoo though, I don't understand why they're not packaged yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

I am missing the official AMDGPU drivers on Gentoo though, I don't understand why they're not packaged yet.
      The intel anv driver still isn't included in the mesa-9999 build in portage, when radv is merged tomorrow I'll update my ebuild to use the upstream code again

I've seen amdgpu-pro in another overlay but can't remember now, I couldn't get it working on my prime system anyway - so I'll stick to the open stack

Comment

Weird my post didn't post

The official Gentoo ebuild mesa-9999 doesn't have vulkan support yet. As soon as radv is merged tomorrow I'll update my build to use the upstream sources again

Comment

Wow, so soon!...
          Impressive work!

Comment

amdgpu pro? amdgpu is the kernel module, which is easily accessible under make menuconfig

Comment

Originally posted by pcxmac View Post

amdgpu pro? amdgpu is the kernel module, which is easily accessible under make menuconfig
              Aren't there a proprietary kernel module too?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Aren't there a proprietary kernel module too?
                There's a kernel module that comes with the pro driver download from AMD.

I believe they've got that code published somewhere (so it's not really proprietary). It's based on the upstream OSS one, at least, and they just make some additions to it that haven't been upstreamed.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                  Any idea when AMD is going to turn on AMDGPU by default for Sea Islands? I have a 290 and would love to test this out but compiling a custom kernel just for amdgpu on Arch seems like a stretch, and not the Debian kind.
                  fedora has copr with amdgpu even for southern islands, arch should have something too

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                    In AMD's defense, the only mistake they did was to not live up to their word.
                    what word?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      There's a kernel module that comes with the pro driver download from AMD. I believe they've got that code published somewhere (so it's not really proprietary). It's based on the upstream OSS one, at least, and they just make some additions to it that haven't been upstreamed.
                      The kernel module is only distributed in source form (as a DKMS package) AFAIK.

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                      In AMD's defense, the only mistake they did was to not live up to their word.
                      Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                      what word?
                      I believe AdamOne means that we failed to live up to someone's unspoken and undocumented assumption that we would make open sourcing Vulkan higher priority than finishing amdgpu driver development and completing the transition from fglrx to amdgpu.
                      Last edited by bridgman; 07 October 2016, 05:36 PM.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X