Mesa Branched, Mesa 12.0 RC1 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
    that make sense. But maybe they will wait for the next release, so mesa 12 will support GL 4.5. Its just speculation, but for a big jump like that one would be, I think it makes sense
    No that should be mesa 13.0 or 14.0, mesa 12.0 will be OpenGL 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
      No that should be mesa 13.0 or 14.0, mesa 12.0 will be OpenGL 4.3
      Mesa 13, failure is not an option.

Comment

I hope they fix the crash I am having in Grid Autosport. It works fine with Mesa 11.2 in radeonsi, but is crashing for some time now when I use Padoka PPA. Anyone having problems with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
          I hope they fix the crash I am having in Grid Autosport. It works fine with Mesa 11.2 in radeonsi, but is crashing for some time now when I use Padoka PPA. Anyone having problems with this one?
          May be a long shot, but along with the increasing performance that the radeonsi driver delivers, my card has been running steadily hotter. Changed the thermal paste on my GPU the other day and the vast majority of my crashes stopped immediately. Could of course also be completely driver related, as You hinted - but just something to watch out for...

Comment

I will try the open radeon/amdgpu driver once OGL44/45 & Vulkan support is in. Until then I'll stay on the PRO driver even thought there are some stability issues sometimes (could just be my PC as Steam quits now and again also, infact could be steam bug...)

Comment

Has anyone tested this on gentoo unstable?

Comment

Originally posted by bwyan View Post

May be a long shot, but along with the increasing performance that the radeonsi driver delivers, my card has been running steadily hotter. Changed the thermal paste on my GPU the other day and the vast majority of my crashes stopped immediately. Could of course also be completely driver related, as You hinted - but just something to watch out for...
                Hmm, I wonder if vsync would help there any...

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

The driver provided by Padoka is mesa unstable from git so you may encounter extra problems with this, you may enjoy switching to Yasi PPA which delivers up do date stable mesa, now the version is 11.2.2

Comment

I don't understand this change, what is happening here? What is the purpose and significance of this change? Why was it made?: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...6c120b327d4c71

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                      I don't understand this change, what is happening here? What is the purpose and significance of this change? Why was it made?: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...6c120b327d4c71
                      Ilia removed from individual completed part and included on "all done", so instead of 10s of completed parts, you get 1 all done

Comment

Working...
                      X