Radeon vs. Nouveau Gallium3D Driver Performance On Mesa 11.2-dev, Linux 4.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herem View Post

I would say the fact the adblock software is blocking legitimate content is your issue rather than the site owners.

Why would any site owner spend time and effort to help put themselves out of business?
    Depends which revenue stream is bringing more money in: people converting from free to premium or ads. Also graphs missing (with no mention of adblock) don't make people disable adblock - they make people leave.

Comment

Originally posted by c2h5oh View Post
      Well, since the rule requires the style to begin with centering you can swap order or better yet move it to a class since it's used on every graph. You can also report false positive to easylist maintainers - they respond to reports like this quickly.
      Are you seriously suggesting that Michael should use his time and help ad block to work better on his site? You don't seem to read many articles, he's not really a friend of ad block

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post

Are you seriously suggesting that Michael should use his time and help ad block to work better on his site? You don't seem to read many articles, he's not really a friend of ad block
        See my response above. It doesn't only affect freeloaders -there are premium users who have ublock enabled for privacy reasons. Me for example.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          I am not stealing anything, I am just not supporting an outdated business model (pushing out masses of low quality articles, sometimes even with "nothing happened" content, to get clicks on ads), I wish Michael would really search for e better model, like increasing the article quality, so that people actually would have a reason to pay for Phoronix.
          Maybe if the articles are low quality you shouldn't be reading them? Personally, I find this site most useful for news about ongoing development. Outside of a few cases, I don't really care about benchmarks.
          Not being able to pay for a subscription is one thing, but not paying at least a minimal subscription fee because of some philosophical position about how the economy should work and THEN complaining about Michael possibly blocking content through adblock detection takes balls.

Comment

How about adding Intel open source graphics as well to the benchmark ? Much more cost efficient for those who want open source graphics -_-
            Check the link below - This is only the iris 540 that has equal performance to a gtx940, there are also Iris pro 580 coming out soon (core i7 6770hq, i5 6350hq)
            The long awaited comparison between the SurfaceBook and the Core i7 Surface Pro 4 is here. We compare several games and see how they stack up when the Core i...

Comment

Working...
            X