Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radeon vs. Nouveau Gallium3D Driver Performance On Mesa 11.2-dev, Linux 4.5

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by boffo View Post

    Are there still flash ads? Because most of the times I see the ads, but some times, there are empty spaces.
    If Flash is available, it's an option that some ads could be used, otherwise just HTML5 ads are shown. I've hit the issue with blanks appearing as well and due to f*$)# idiot ad networks dealing with not knowing what's going on for the blanks.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #12
      IMO the lack of Flash is one of the great advantages of Linux. Seems to automatically eliminate the most annoying ads

      Comment


      • #13
        Michael I realise you didn't include your Fury in this test, but have you been able to get acceptable performance from it yet or are your still results still below expected levels?

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Herem View Post
          Michael I realise you didn't include your Fury in this test, but have you been able to get acceptable performance from it yet or are your still results still below expected levels?
          See the dota 2 results I just posted.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Michael View Post

            BTW, do they show for you with AdBlock if going to the OB page for them: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...GA-NORAD889673 ?
            On that page they show up fine.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Herem View Post
              Assuming you're not a premium subscriber I don't have a problem blocking content from people using adblock. Phoronix is a business not a charity, you're effectively stealing revenue by blocking ads.
              I am not stealing anything, I am just not supporting an outdated business model (pushing out masses of low quality articles, sometimes even with "nothing happened" content, to get clicks on ads), I wish Michael would really search for e better model, like increasing the article quality, so that people actually would have a reason to pay for Phoronix.

              Comment


              • #17
                It'd be nice if each card's max and actual frequencies were documented somehow. It's obvious that the 780Ti and some of the other cards are at far from their maximum clock speeds. Without that info, the results are a little meaningless -- it's not like reclocking works well on *every* GTX 680 and doesn't on *every* GTX 780 Ti -- there are a ton of board-specific parameters that will affect it.

                You can get the current state from the last line of the pstate file. The highest perf level will normally be the second-to-last line of the pstate file.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                  I am not stealing anything, I am just not supporting an outdated business model (pushing out masses of low quality articles, sometimes even with "nothing happened" content, to get clicks on ads), I wish Michael would really search for e better model, like increasing the article quality, so that people actually would have a reason to pay for Phoronix.
                  If the site in your opinion is just low quality click bait then what are you doing here?

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    See the dota 2 results I just posted.
                    Seems like it's working at last

                    What was the root cause of the problem in the end?

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by imirkin View Post
                      It'd be nice if each card's max and actual frequencies were documented somehow. It's obvious that the 780Ti and some of the other cards are at far from their maximum clock speeds. Without that info, the results are a little meaningless -- it's not like reclocking works well on *every* GTX 680 and doesn't on *every* GTX 780 Ti -- there are a ton of board-specific parameters that will affect it.

                      You can get the current state from the last line of the pstate file. The highest perf level will normally be the second-to-last line of the pstate file.
                      PTS does log the sysfs pstate info, but now with being on debugfs, that won't be recorded unless I am running PTS as root, which is also why the Radeon clocks on the open driver never get exposed either in most of my results.
                      Michael Larabel
                      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X