Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ton Of Direct3D 9 "Nine" State Tracker Improvements Hit Mesa

Phoronix: A Ton Of Direct3D 9 "Nine" State Tracker Improvements Hit Mesa

For those relying upon the "Nine" state tracker for Direct3D 9 support implemented for Gallium3D drivers in order to yield faster performance when running Windows games with Wine, you'll want to pull down the latest Mesa Git code...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-February-2016

FYI, here's the patch notes: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/106021.html

Among the fixes and improvements:
    . Some menu now displaying properly
    . Games correctly stop rendering when alt-tab
    . Some Crash fixes
    . Some games that didn't start now do
    . Some rendering issues are gone
    . A new drirc option to advertise a card from another vendor (for example NVidia owners should advertise AMD for Skyrim in order to get water working properly)

Comment

I just wish POL incorporated Nine into the WINE versions it packages, at least for the games that run better with it.

Comment

GalliumNine would be more useful if it wasn't limited to brand of cards :/ Wish it worked with Intel.

Comment

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
          GalliumNine would be more useful if it wasn't limited to brand of cards :/ Wish it worked with Intel.
          It's not limited to brands of cards but rather gallium drivers since it's an gallium state tracker.

Comment

Maybe i should start testing it again, then. Last time i did games could hard lock my entire system.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
              Maybe i should start testing it again, then. Last time i did games could hard lock my entire system.
              Isn't that more of a kernel-side issue rather than Gallium?

Comment

I'll have to do some tests as well. It was breaking on nearly every game I tried except for WoW.

Comment

Some rendering issues are gone? That sounds nice, as that's what has been preventing me from using it. Anyhow, I'll wait until 11.2 is released before checking it out.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    FYI, here's the patch notes: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/106021.html
                    . A new drirc option to advertise a card from another vendor (for example NVidia owners should advertise AMD for Skyrim in order to get water working properly)
                    Does anyone knows the reason why it behaves like this ?

Comment

Working...
                    X