Development On Valve's VOGL Debugger Seems To Have Stalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tori View Post
    Seriously? You do know that Steam - which is THE place to get games for many years now - is a Valve product, right?
    Of course. That's how they sit around on their duffs collecting paychecks all day.

Comment

Vogl was a good idea 15 years ago... Let's concentrate on vulkan for now.
      As a side note, I think valve is putting enough effort into linux/steambox, but I'd like them to be more cooperative with the development community..
      I think they still don't get the advantage of working in an open-source environment.

Also from a user/gamer point of view: I wouldn't mind helping more with debugging /testing if I had the chance. After all, the average Linux users is completely different from the average widsords user: we usually don't whine as much and we bug-report a lot . We also have a system that gives much more infos which means it's easier to pinpoint problems most of the time...

Awaiting source2 csgo

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
        Vogl was a good idea 15 years ago... Let's concentrate on vulkan for now.
        As a side note, I think valve is putting enough effort into linux/steambox, but I'd like them to be more cooperative with the development community..
        I think they still don't get the advantage of working in an open-source environment.
        Also from a user/gamer point of view: I wouldn't mind helping more with debugging /testing if I had the chance. After all, the average Linux users is completely different from the average widsords user: we usually don't whine as much and we bug-report a lot . We also have a system that gives much more infos which means it's easier to pinpoint problems most of the time...
        Well the Valve-LunarG Vulkan debugger (GLAVE) will be open-sourced and released when Khronos lifts the NDA. Expect a lot of community involvment from then on.

2-3 years ago Valve was talking about openGL, but since then I think their interest in things like vogl has dropped. Now they only promote Vulkan. Even the first meeting amongst Khronos members to kickoff Vulkan development was held in Valve's office.
        Last edited by humbug; 18 January 2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
          Valve still exists? I thought maybe they fell off the planet.
          Your jokes are not funny anymore, try to be more creative next time.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post

Your jokes are not funny anymore, try to be more creative next time.
            That wasn't a joke, it was obviously designed for the express purpose to get a rise out of people here on the forums - a.k.a trolling.

And you all fell for it just like he wanted.

Comment

Working...
            X