Mesa's DRI3 Support For EGL Still Baking, The State Of DRI3 For X.Org Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marek View Post

There are no GPU lockups with DRI3, but old libxcb can run into aa mutex deadlock and that's why it's not enabled by default yet.
    Well If issue is fixed and if it is in xcb 1.11.1 which is as i see released month ago, then why waiting - make a note about and release ddx with DRI3 enabled

But yeah if you want to wait on distros like Ubuntu, you will need to wait 6 months more And PPA for older would be borked anyway, they will disable it simple.
    Last edited by dungeon; 31 October 2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
      Default mesa?
      Yes, but I just read in Arch forums that DRI3 was disabled for Intel GPUs (unless the situation changed). Anyways worked for me on radeon.

To use modesetting just put "modesetting" in the Driver section in Xorg.conf, it should work out of the box if you have a recent Xorg version.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Well If issue is fixed and if it is in xcb 1.11.1 which is as i see released month ago, then why waiting - make a note about and release ddx with DRI3 enabled
        Really? I thought the fix landed in xcb 1.11.1
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post

There are no GPU lockups with DRI3, but old libxcb can run into aa mutex deadlock and that's why it's not enabled by default yet.
          Well there are lockups like couple months ago, just tested recent and i still get lockups with GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float tests in piglit... of course happens in DRI3 mode only, for example immediate lockup with this one:

./bin/depthstencil-render-miplevels 585 d=z32f
          In DRI2 it passes and no lockup:

LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 ./bin/depthstencil-render-miplevels 585 d=z32f -auto
          Last edited by dungeon; 31 October 2015, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Well there are lockups like couple months ago, just tested recent and i still get lockups with GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float tests in piglit... of course happens in DRI3 mode only, for example immediate lockup with this one:

In DRI2 it passes and no lockup:
            What hw is it? I will try to reproduce it on monday!

Comment

This is with Radeon hardware, Kabini APU. But i tested the same on Bonaire couple months ago, same thing.

That ARB_depth_buffer_float seems doesn't like DRI3 for some reason

edit: with disabled extension piglit quick passes fine no lockups, so yeah something is locky under DRI3 only with ARB_depth_buffer_float

edit: my bad maybe i runned that in DRI2 or something, it seems anything in depthstencil-render-miplevels is lockup prone this one too:

./bin/depthstencil-render-miplevels 585 d=z24_s8 -auto
              and so on...
              Last edited by dungeon; 31 October 2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post

What hw is it? I will try to reproduce it on monday!
                Well now i think it should not happen on non Radeon hardware, just figured out it is hyperz related.

mareko

So DRI3 suffers from hyperz releated lockups, I guess disabling hyperz for DRI3 is no go
                Last edited by dungeon; 31 October 2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

The last official release of xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati has been over a year ago. No DRI3 code was present at that time, so unless distros package a git snapshot adding Option "DRI3" to xorg.conf will have no effect. Is there a new release planned?

Comment

Working...
                  X