Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khronos Finalizes The GL Transmission Format 1.0

Phoronix: Khronos Finalizes The GL Transmission Format 1.0

The Khronos Group has announced this morning that they've finalized the 1.0 specification for glTF, the GL Transmission Format...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why 'glTF ' and no 'GlTF '?

Comment

"Vendor Neutral" is funny coming from Khronos, the father of the OpenGL spec so loosely designed that every vendor as a target requires special code in game engines to make it work...

Vulkan promises to be different, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
        "Vendor Neutral" is funny coming from Khronos, the father of the OpenGL spec so loosely designed that every vendor as a target requires special code in game engines to make it work...
        Do you mean like all those patches on drivers to make DX games work (last example on Battlefront special drivers because performance was horrible)? Or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by toni View Post

Do you mean like all those patches on drivers to make DX games work (last example on Battlefront special drivers because performance was horrible)? Or something else?
          I never said DX was better in any way (they both have strengths and weaknesses, I prefer OpenGL), I'm just having a laughing at the "vendor neutral" bit :P

Comment

The specification is vendor neutral, the implementations are device specific. You can't allways get exactly the same behaviour even on different generations from the same vendor.

Comment

Working...
            X