Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 3.3 Patch Proposed For LLVMpipe

Phoronix: OpenGL 3.3 Patch Proposed For LLVMpipe

While yesterday I wrote about (and benchmarked) Gallium3D's LLVMpipe being rather unchanged lately with still advertising OpenGL 2.1 and no recent performance changes, there is improvements ongoing. Proposed today were patches that would enable LLVMpipe to advertise OpenGL 3.3 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fake AA

They could implement a fake AA mode that just does "return true".

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      They could implement a fake AA mode that just does "return true".
      From my understanding of the text, that's what they did.

But on another (fairly related) note, what's going on with the radeon development? It's been a long time since they upped the OpenGL version number, while Intel have been working at it like crazy!
      Perhaps they've been focusing on something else, I am supremely happy to see the performance improvements on the radeon drivers!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        From my understanding of the text, that's what they did.

But on another (fairly related) note, what's going on with the radeon development? It's been a long time since they upped the OpenGL version number, while Intel have been working at it like crazy!
        Perhaps they've been focusing on something else, I am supremely happy to see the performance improvements on the radeon drivers!
        They keep on adding new extensions, but they don't have all the extensions required for the newer OpenGL versions, so they don't increase it.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
          They keep on adding new extensions, but they don't have all the extensions required for the newer OpenGL versions, so they don't increase it.
          just needs geometry shaders to get to 3.3 for r600 -> cayman at least.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
            Dave.
            Well, that's awesome! I'm always so glad to hear from you guys =)

I just found 3 "slightly used" HD6970 2GB ($350), 7870 OC 2GB ($230) and a HD7950 3GB DCII TOP OC ($387).. The 7870 is most bang-for-the-buck I guess? But in the foreseeable future, the 7950 is probably worth the extra 150 bucks, right? It feels like even though the 6970 is the best card according to Phoronix testing today, the 7xxx series will soon surpass it in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Dave.
              Same for Southern Islands -> Sea Islands.

Just last week Sea Islands changed from OpenGL 2.1 to 3.1.

Comment

Working...
              X