Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jsa1983 View Post
    You should delete or (preferably) rename certain libraries which are shipped with the steam runtime and are a bit old (as compared to the graphics drivers shipped in oibaf's repo).
    Check this out in order to see which libs must be deleted/renamed: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...ux/issues/3273
    Thanks! Managed to get it working with these two commands:
    Code:
    mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1{,.disable}
    Code:
    mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6{,.disable}

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      Thanks! Managed to get it working with these two commands:
      Code:
      mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1{,.disable}
      Code:
      mv /home/espionage724/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6{,.disable}
      Great to hear that! But don't forget to do the same with the 64bit portion of the steam-runtime (the 64bit equivalent library). At launch time steam does not warn about that (that's normal, steam is still 32bit) and I unknowingly ran into that very same problem with Project Zomboid (which is a 64bit game), which was refusing to start.

      Comment


      • opengl version

        Hi, To elaborate on my last post. Same machine, for oibaf ppa and xubuntu 14.04 I get

        Code:
        glxinfo | grep OpenGL
        OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
        OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 10.3.0-devel (git-aa78c45 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
        With Pali's ppa and xbuntu 12.04

        Code:
        glxinfo | grep OpenGL
        OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
        OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.0-devel
        OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
        I am really curious to know the reason for the difference.
        Last edited by kmod; 05-26-2014, 10:17 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kmod View Post
          Hi, To elaborate on my last post. Same machine, for oibaf ppa and xubuntu 14.04 I get

          Code:
          glxinfo | grep OpenGL
          OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
          OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
          OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 10.3.0-devel (git-aa78c45 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
          With Pali's ppa and xbuntu 12.04

          Code:
          glxinfo | grep OpenGL
          OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
          OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GM x86/MMX/SSE2
          OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.0-devel
          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
          I am really curious to know the reason for the difference.
          Because of this:
          http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=.../ubuntu-trusty
          https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...a/+bug/1222602

          Anyway I just made the i915 gallium driver the default in the packages building now, try this one.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by oibaf View Post
            Because of this:
            http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=.../ubuntu-trusty
            https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...a/+bug/1222602

            Anyway I just made the i915 gallium driver the default in the packages building now, try this one.
            Thanks for the explanation and updates. I just ran an update and reboot and I get OpenGL 2.1 now.

            Comment


            • Hi,

              Sorry if this is a dumb question. Is VAAPI supposed to work with the Intel 945GSE?

              Code:
              0:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GSE Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
              00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
              I have installed the i965 va driver, but

              Code:
              vainfo
              libva info: VA-API version 0.35.0
              libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
              libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/dri/i915_drv_video.so
              libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
              vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
              I know this is an old card, but I am under the impression that VAAPI should work to some extent.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kmod View Post
                Sorry if this is a dumb question. Is VAAPI supposed to work with the Intel 945GSE?.
                You need an X4500 (i.e. GL40 chipset or better).

                Comment


                • After latest updates, I had issue with Unity, which won't start. I had blank page with cursor. Nothing works!
                  Only solution for me was purgin ppa, i tried ccsm or unity, but doesn't work for me.
                  Last edited by Pepes; 05-31-2014, 05:38 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Sorry for double post, i can't edit my post, because time line expired. It started since yesterday.

                    Comment


                    • Same problem here, unity complains about r600_dri.so not containing some entry point called glsapi_*tls* or something.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X