Gallium3D / LLVMpipe With LLVM 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that looks like the r300g driver.

I would expect llvmpipe to be slower than 300g, since (AFAIK) 300g is already using llvm for the vertex shaders. If llvmpipe turns out to be faster for some reason that would be a very interesting data point, or I guess it might mean that 300g is not using the llvm vertex shader path yet.

Actually I just looked at the XBMC wiki and it says pretty clearly that Shader Model 3 hardware is the minimum for decent performance. That matches what we have seen from user reports (maybe even yours ?) where 5xx hardware (SM3) runs well and 4xx hardware (SM2) does not. The X1250 has an R4xx 3D engine, ie shader model 2.

Did you ever try running with fglrx on the X1250, and if so what was performance like there ?

The FAQ hints at the ability to select basic (ARB) shaders rather than the advanced (GLSL) shaders but those sections of the wiki are blank - do you know if that option actually exists ?
    Test signature

Comment

Mesa must be compiled with the parameter --enable-gallium-llvm to get the LLVM-compiled vertex shaders in Gallium.

llvmpipe is definitely slower (about 10 times) unless you do a lot of data moves between RAM and VRAM.

Comment

Aha... the missing clue. Thanks !!
        Test signature

Comment

Marek polak?

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
            Marek polak?
            There's only one Mesa developer whose name is Marek. Look it up.

Comment

i ask your nationality, Marek is Polish also, so i ask you.

Comment

Ah. I am Czech.

Comment

iam polish so i think you are polish also ^^ so we can talk in native language i have many questions but iam week in english :< want to ask about many xorg stuff

Comment

Learn either Czech. or Slovak, or English. Then we can talk. I also think this discussion does not belong here.

Comment

so do i.

my questions is, when xorg will work good with mesa with wine

resolution changes, color depth changes etc.

I realy want to change to OSS drivers, but starcraft need to work good:<

Comment

Working...
                      X