Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Intel & AMD Drivers Make Quick Progress On Vulkan Roadmap 2024 Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
    I don't like that the development happens under an embargo and once in a blue moon the children are allowed to open Christmas presents. That's multi million dollar companies spoon-feeding their fans.

I would like to see new extensions being discussed and developed in the open, so *everybody* - even the open source community - can participate in the development and has the chance bring up their drivers "on time".
    tell me how exactly is a non-multi million dollar company possible in this field ? the costs of develop and making chips and the software like driver is so high that no little company can do it.

the mallest companies in this field for CPU and GPU are solidsilicon.com and redsemiconductor.com

"developed in the open"

well this is exactly what solidsilicon.com and redsemiconductor.com does.

just keep in mind support your open-source dream...
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
      I don't like that the development happens under an embargo and once in a blue moon the children are allowed to open Christmas presents. That's multi million dollar companies spoon-feeding their fans.

I would like to see new extensions being discussed and developed in the open, so *everybody* - even the open source community - can participate in the development and has the chance bring up their drivers "on time".
      As far as I know there is already a pretty large group discussing proposed changes to standards including a mix of large and small companies. Not 100% sure but my recollection is that the Mesa community also has representation as a separate group, not just via Mesa developers working for companies that are also members.

Deploying and developing royalty-free open standards for 3D graphics, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Parallel Computing, Neural Networks, and Vision Processing
      Test signature

Comment

Working...
      X