Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 24.0-rc3 Up For Testing, Mesa 23.3.4 Out As Stable

Phoronix: Mesa 24.0-rc3 Up For Testing, Mesa 23.3.4 Out As Stable

Eric Engestrom with Igalia continues doing a stellar job maintaining the Mesa 23.3 stable series while also leading the Mesa 24.0 release candidates for that upcoming Q1'2024 stable series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

wsi/x11: Add workaround for Detroit Become Human.

Game needs strict image count to not crash in non-vsync mode.
    That's cool. I actually have seen it crash when trying to disable VSync. I never thought someone would go about fixing this, though 😅

Comment

Michael

I am reporting a typo, as usual

"Intel fixes as usial,"

Comment

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
        Michael

I am reporting a typo, as usual

"Intel fixes as usial,"
        Whoops thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The crew working on Mesa is really amazing, with the introduction of 23.3.0, they fixed The Chronicles of Riddick, a fifteen year old title now only available from myabandonware.com, yet a title that I'm still very fond of. The performance and quality of mesa is impressive. I keep up with the releases by rebuilding RPMs using the source from git and I can tell, to some degree, what shape a piece of software is in by the number of patches that accompany the source tar ball; with mesa it's usually few to none. On the opposite end of the spectrum cc65 for Fedora 34 has 170 patches!

Kudos to the mesa devs and thanks for fixing Riddick.

Comment

Working...
          X