Mesa 23.3-rc5 Released With The Latest Open-Source GPU Driver Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 23.3-rc5 Released With The Latest Open-Source GPU Driver Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 23.3-rc5 Released With The Latest Open-Source GPU Driver Fixes

Eric Engestrom on Friday released the fifth weekly release candidate of Mesa 23.3 with this quarterly stable release hopefully debuting in the next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

no point realeses in 23.2, any reason for that?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
      no point realeses in 23.2, any reason for that?
      It's up to the release manager to make releases. They obviously aren't doing it.

23.3 is managed by a different person.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

It's up to the release manager to make releases. They obviously aren't doing it.

23.3 is managed by a different person.
        the guy is bad the version 23.2.1 have a lot of bug i report and are been correct in new mesa and dev one, this a shame

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

the guy is bad the version 23.2.1 have a lot of bug i report and are been correct in new mesa and dev one, this a shame
          I will give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume something disruptive is going on in his life preventing him from being able to spend time on Mesa. We all have real life problems at some point. What's a shame is that Mesa apparently has no backup processes to handle this kind of situation.

Anyway, it's all sort of moot now anyway. 23.3 should be released next week, and the final 23.2 point release would have been 1 week after that. So everything is basically back on schedule at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I will give him the benefit of the doubt...
            Dylan did post something in the mesa mailing list about a personal life situation impacting his availability to handle the release. And normally I would say I can't complain too much because I'm receiving mesa releases free of charge.

BUT,

He really dropped the ball on this. The release was over a month late and in his release post he said he there would be a point release in less than a week. But here we are and it seems like there won't be a single point release for 23.2

I have also noticed a history of every other Mesa release or so being quite late to release and not getting timely point releases. I suspect Dylan was the release manager on those too.

At what point is it a track record and he should let someone else with more availability handle Mesa releases? Or maybe a co-manager? I don't know, but I wish the Mesa team would do better on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicronic View Post
              At what point is it a track record and he should let someone else with more availability handle Mesa releases? Or maybe a co-manager? I don't know, but I wish the Mesa team would do better on this.
              The challenge is whether there's anyone willing to pick up Dylan's work. If no one steps up to offer their the and effort, then everything languishes.

Comment

Working...
              X