Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic OpenGL ES Compute Shader Support Begins Working For The Apple GPU Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by user1 View Post
    To me it feels like Apple's design has completely went downhill since Jony Ive left, may be not as much on the ui front, but particularly on the hardware front.
    Yeah there are some serious blunders of industrial design that Jony was not prone to. I think Jony's iPhones (pre notch) were quite good, except they went downhill as the screens got bigger and more disproportionately tall, and needlessly thin (though these are trends that pervade the smartphone industry, and women and girls seem especially to love huge phones, make up a supermajority of iPhone customers and people making purchasing decisions for iPhones).

Imagine how good an iPhone 4S shaped, iPhone 5C looking android phone could be today; batteries would be literally more than twice as large as today, you could reach every corner of the screen with one hand, and you would be more likely to use it for work and social connection, rather than moral degeneration and procrastination, and with one-hand operation you would complete tasks faster and put it away sooner.
    Last edited by microcode; 16 January 2023, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
      It has a few major bugs no one seems to have noticed: running Halo on it clearly shows a blurred background and it's using the wrong font face, not to mention it adds an extra "L" to the game name...
      You mean OG Halo from like 20 years ago? I'm surprised that it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

You mean OG Halo from like 20 years ago? I'm surprised that it works.
        I'm surprised you are the second one that didn't get the joke.

Comment

Originally posted by cmakeshift View Post

I'm surprised you are the second one that didn't get the joke.
          You mean that it's an Apple product and they don't play games?

Comment

Working...
          X