Microsoft Begins Providing DirectX Shader Compiler Linux Binaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artim View Post
    Maybe Gallium Nine is a bit more native than that, but in the end, only software using DirectX 9 would benefit from that. And DX9 is very much outdated. The way to go is DXVK, I doubt there will ever be something like Gallium Nine for DX10+
    gallium nine is as native as opengl and opencl on linux, there is also a gallium front end for D3D10 and can be extended to D3D11, this would give native support too if linux had support for for WDDM DDI. if wine were to implement it, then it would be native support on linux since it translates the calls directly from DX -> whatever the gallium back end is. so it too would be "native support"

ofc linux doesnt support that, and no one has gotten radeonsi, iris or nouveau working on windows. so it right now is only useful with llvmpipe, (and hopefully eventually zink and possibly D3D12 backends)

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
      "Microsoft is evil" and "embrace extend extinguish" comments arriving in 1-2-3....
      Developers! Developers! Developers!
      Micro$oft stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
        Since Windows started supporting GUI applications through WSL, our company forced(VPN disabled for Linux users) all the people(a few hundred of them) working on Linux to switch to Windows and work from there, through WSL - main reason being that Windows is easier to manage for Administrators and now Microsoft offers them an option to get rid of native Linux.
        I said this will happen with corporations when they first announced WSL...
        I feel like if my company forced that on me, I would use the windows machine as gateway or something. I'd rather switch companies than give up my Linux work machine.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanTuring69 View Post
          Mistakes of the past are exactly that - in the past.
          It wasn't a mistake. Who told you it was? Certainly not Microsoft

Comment

Working...
          X