Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Begins Providing DirectX Shader Compiler Linux Binaries

Phoronix: Microsoft Begins Providing DirectX Shader Compiler Linux Binaries

In early 2017 Microsoft open-sourced their DirectX shader compiler and shortly thereafter it's been possible to build it on Linux while finally as of this week Microsoft has begun providing official Linux binaries of their shader compiler...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is used also by AMDVLK for raytracing.

Comment

"Microsoft is evil" and "embrace extend extinguish" comments arriving in 1-2-3....

Comment

c5f7c20b79b2a2e142b5d9c22e3b636d.jpg
        I'll bite

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
          "Microsoft is evil"
          I mean they are

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
            This is used also by AMDVLK for raytracing.
            ROFL. Speaking of AMDVLK, not having "dxc" was my latest build error so I'm really hoping that installing directx-shader-compiler is going to fix building TkG's amdvlk-opt...that and figuring out that I needed to comment out lines 64-65 of the PKGBUILD since that's not necessary anymore...wish I'd have referenced Arch's package first...it would have saved 15 minutes of Googling and commit history browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
              "Microsoft is evil" and "embrace extend extinguish" comments arriving in 1-2-3....
              You have a problem when people say the truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

You have a problem when people say the truth?
                YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
                (sorry, had to be said )

Comment

Since Windows started supporting GUI applications through WSL, our company forced(VPN disabled for Linux users) all the people(a few hundred of them) working on Linux to switch to Windows and work from there, through WSL - main reason being that Windows is easier to manage for Administrators and now Microsoft offers them an option to get rid of native Linux.
                  I said this will happen with corporations when they first announced WSL...

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
                    Since Windows started supporting GUI applications through WSL, our company forced(VPN disabled for Linux users) all the people(a few hundred of them) working on Linux to switch to Windows and work from there, through WSL - main reason being that Windows is easier to manage for Administrators and now Microsoft offers them an option to get rid of native Linux.
                    I said this will happen with corporations when they first announced WSL...
                    And this right here is the reason I don't understand why some people insist that "Microsoft loves Linux" ≠ EEE.

Comment

Working...
                    X