X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeye View Post
    I'm interested in seeing if this works on a GeForce4 Ti/FX5800 or Radeon 8500/9700 Pro. If it does, I might be looking for a K6-III+ or Athlon XP box to shove Linux on.
    if the cards support gallium it might work

Leave a comment:

• Redeye
    replied
    I'm interested in seeing if this works on a GeForce4 Ti/FX5800 or Radeon 8500/9700 Pro. If it does, I might be looking for a K6-III+ or Athlon XP box to shove Linux on.

Leave a comment:

• DMJC
    replied
    I have use cases for this, this guy is my hero.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverBird775 View Post
    Isn't it a bit late for a generic driver? I mean the glide driver alone is not enough, you may want lots of per game hacks and tweaks to solve various scaling and quality issues. The existed closed source solutions are full of non standard goodies and cookies.
    one of the nice things about linux is all of that stuff can be fairly easy to implement. either at the compositor level like gamescope, or at a hardware level, I actively use an hd 4350 which could if I wanted to, drive gamescope directly on a CRT monitor.

Leave a comment:

• sinepgib
    replied
    Originally posted by SilverBird775 View Post
    Isn't it a bit late for a generic driver? I mean the glide driver alone is not enough, you may want lots of per game hacks and tweaks to solve various scaling and quality issues. The existed closed source solutions are full of non standard goodies and cookies.
    You can always add them later on. In any case, having non-native as a fallback for those corner cases is still a better situation than having it as the only option available.

Leave a comment:

• SilverBird775
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sinepgib
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    The usual open source achievements nobody asked for.
    The difference with your comment is that your comment is not an achievement

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by leipero View Post

I'm kinda surprised there's no GDVK (for example, as DXVK) for WINE, it's old and I assume much simpler in comparison to any DX, so the fact that there's no such thing is surprising. I guess nGlide is partly to "blame" for it.
    well, with this, we can kind of get this, if we can compile zink + grover with windows binaries, it will effectively be the same, except unlike dxvk, it would be a "conformant" implementation

Leave a comment:

• bevgeniys
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    The usual open source achievements nobody asked for.
    I asked for this. I am very excited. I'm gonna use this. This might amaze you, but it's true!

Leave a comment:

• leipero
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
    Other than native glide games this won't do any good. For Wine side I suggest everyone to try nGlide. Use vulkan backend and all is done perfectly. I am playing most of my 3dfx supported titles with nGlide and vulkan.
    I'm kinda surprised there's no GDVK (for example, as DXVK) for WINE, it's old and I assume much simpler in comparison to any DX, so the fact that there's no such thing is surprising. I guess nGlide is partly to "blame" for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X