X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Calinou View Post
    If it manages to mature, I can see this being a good open source alternative to dgVoodoo (on Linux and Mesa drivers at least).

Is running it on Windows (or the proprietary NVIDIA driver) technically possible? I assume the latter is very unlikely, but what about the former?
    yes, we have zink and d3d12 drivers. assuming it compiles for windows it should be usable

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    If it manages to mature, I can see this being a good open source alternative to dgVoodoo (on Linux and Mesa drivers at least).

Is running it on Windows (or the proprietary NVIDIA driver) technically possible? I assume the latter is very unlikely, but what about the former?
    Last edited by Calinou; 04 February 2022, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkyWarrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Leopard View Post

What if i want to play a Glide game on my GL 2.1 gpu with Crocus?
    Damn! You found my weak spot

Leave a comment:

• mangeek
    replied
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied
    Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
    Other than native glide games this won't do any good. For Wine side I suggest everyone to try nGlide. Use vulkan backend and all is done perfectly. I am playing most of my 3dfx supported titles with nGlide and vulkan.
    What if i want to play a Glide game on my GL 2.1 gpu with Crocus?

Leave a comment:

• Almindor
    replied
    I remember playing Myth: TFL on my original Voodoo 2 card. Then later I got some openGL/direct3d card and had to switch the backend in the game and it looked UGLY. I wonder if that kind of difference will be visible through emulators/wine.

Leave a comment:

• doomie
    replied
    Whoa, Pandemonium... it's been a while.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    The usual open source achievements nobody asked for.
    That's where you are wrong, I know a decent chunk of people wanting this. Not only will this be great for wine retro gamers, but also because currently the only good glide wrappers are proprietary, this will be super nice for me when paired with qemu-3dfx, as performance is pretty good with it. qemu-3dfx is already the best way to play wine 9x-winxp games for a lot of cases. performance in it smokes the competitors.

overall this will make myself really happy, and a few other people aswell

Leave a comment:

• baka0815
    replied
    I knew I heard the name somewhere - linkmauve is also a citra and dolphin contributor.
    Some people have too much freetime - and I'm very grateful to them!

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Mesa Glide on Zink would be fun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X