Mesa's New "Crocus" OpenGL Driver Is Performing Well For Old Intel Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lorn10 , maybe try it another way.
    Run environment with i965 driver and then run program with MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=crocus.
    If you really want run environment on crocus you should compile mesa with "prefer-crocus=true" and set MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=crocus in /etc/environment or ~/.bash_profile this works on my dell.

don't know why prefer-crocus=true is not enough this is maybe bug or so
    for now works great and even video-decode in firefox works (propably using i965 path)

Comment

Thanks frosth for this alternative suggestion. Unfortunately I am as mentioned at a quite special Dual-GPU system. It is not possible to get the i965 driver working in conjunction with the R600 Gallium driver of my Radeon TURKS card. A necessary function is missing at the classic Intel i965 driver so I always get an error:
      Code:
      libGL error: Different GPU, but blitImage not implemented for this driver
      libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
      Source: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/4368

So the only way to get this working is through the new Intel Crocus driver which implements the necessary libGL feature because it is an genuine Gallium driver.

Comment

lorn10, Try "prefer-crocus=true" + MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=crocus, then this should set crocus as default ogl driver for all.

[fingers crossed]

Comment

Thanks again! Unfortunately also the "prefer-crocus=true" value shows no effect, I get still the same errors. Whatever, It looks that in my case the
          Code:
          libGL error: failed to create dri screen
          seems to be the underlying issue and as a result I get then a:
          Code:
          libGL error: failed to load driver: crocus
          So the crocus driver cannot be loaded at an quite early point.

However, the crocus driver is in an early stage, - maybe this will become better in the future. An if not, then I will place a bug report.

Full libGL verbose output:
          Code:
          test@test-iMac:~$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo | grep direct
          libGL: MESA-LOADER: dlopen(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/crocus_dri.so)
          libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
          libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/test/.drirc: No such file or directory.
          libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/test/.drirc: No such file or directory.
          libGL: MESA-LOADER: dlopen(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/crocus_dri.so)
          libGL: MESA-LOADER: dlopen(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so)

Comment

Working...
          X