Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zink OpenGL-Over-Vulkan At ~97% Piglit Testing Conformance

Phoronix: Zink OpenGL-Over-Vulkan At ~97% Piglit Testing Conformance

Not only is the Zink Gallium3D code for OpenGL accelerated by Vulkan up to around 69% the speed of Intel's OpenGL driver but it's at around a 97% passing test rate for Mesa's Piglit testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Zink translates from OpenGL and DXVK from DirectX, so they do the same type of job, hence I'm wondering if Zink is 65% of native OpenGL speed how many percent is DXVK of DirectX? Also about 65%?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Zink translates from OpenGL and DXVK from DirectX, so they do the same type of job, hence I'm wondering if Zink is 65% of native OpenGL speed how many percent is DXVK of DirectX? Also about 65%?

DXVK depending on the game its anywhere between 90 to 110 percent of windows native. Yes 110 percent as in 10 percent faster and this has resulted in some games anti-cheat system banning DXVK users. Wine VKD3D that is DX12 to Vulkan that about 70 to 80 percent depending on the game.

69% of native that Zink is doing there is most likely more optimisations to be found yet. Same with VKD3D there is still optimisations to be done.

Comment

I wonder how zink runs on radv or amdvkl. Did anyone test thisalready?

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

DXVK depending on the game its anywhere between 90 to 110 percent of windows native. Yes 110 percent as in 10 percent faster and this has resulted in some games anti-cheat system banning DXVK users. Wine VKD3D that is DX12 to Vulkan that about 70 to 80 percent depending on the game.

69% of native that Zink is doing there is most likely more optimisations to be found yet. Same with VKD3D there is still optimisations to be done.
          do you have sources for "anti-cheat systems banning DXVK users"? usually ban waves for linux users occur because of wine not being perfect but i can imagine d3d11 injection business to not be liked by anti-cheat. but i doubt it has anything to do with performance.

Comment

Originally posted by _ONH_ View Post
            I wonder how zink runs on radv or amdvkl. Did anyone test thisalready?
            yes, i tested it on radv a while ago. it works.
            if you're talking about performance i didn't really bother to measure that but it was significantly lower than radeonsi. that was weeks ago, though, so it missed the recent optimization stuff. it was a 2d game with pretty lightweight rendering so it was still in the hundreds of fps and bound by draw call performance, essentially.

Comment

Mike is doing a fantastic job with Zink and it is very interesting to read about the progress made in has branch! Hope more patches land soon in Mesa mainline :-)

Comment

The Zink code in Mesa is at OpenGL 3.3, so when will the new updated Zink code with support for OpenGL 4+ be merged into mainline Mesa?

With it being 69% the speed of Intel's OpenGL driver, is there any room for improvement? What can we expect? What can we hope for?

Comment

I may be passing over 97% of the test cases I’m running, but that doesn’t mean that zink is conformant for any versions of GL or ES, which may not actually be possible at present (without huge amounts of awkward hacks) given the persistent issues zink has with provoking vertex handling. I expect this situation to change in the future through the addition of more Vulkan extensions, but for now I’m just accepting that there’s some areas where zink is going to misrender stuff.
                  And there is that. So Vulkan has to add specific extensions as was done for DXVK. And Vulkan drivers have to support those extensions for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                    Little or no effort has gone into the performance of Zink at this time, so comparing it and especially using it as the basis for unrelated comparisons is silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X