Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 19.3 Released With Big Updates For Intel's Open-Source Drivers, Valve ACO Option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.3 Released With Big Updates For Intel's Open-Source Drivers, Valve ACO Option

Phoronix: Mesa 19.3 Released With Big Updates For Intel's Open-Source Drivers, Valve ACO Option

After a few weeks worth of delays due to blocker bugs the release of Mesa 19.3 is out today as a big end-of-year upgrade to the open-source OpenGL and Vulkan drivers for Linux systems. Intel and AMD Radeon driver changes largely dominate the work as always but there is a growing number of embedded driver changes and other enhancements for this crucial piece to the open-source 3D ecosystem...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...9.3.0-Released

So there is plenty new stuff I will use now, ACO and Nir for AMD, Iris for Intel :-)

And I will test Zink then, great to see it now in a Mesa release!

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      So there is plenty new stuff I will use now, ACO and Nir for AMD, Iris for Intel :-)

And I will test Zink then, great to see it now in a Mesa release!
      there is a lot to play with in this release - quite a lot of fun to be had!

Comment

Is there a Fedora COPR that tracks latest *stable* Mesa? I know there are various COPRs that track bleeding edge Mesa and LLVM, or even special branches. But there is a distinct lack of a COPR that tracks the latest release. Or maybe I just can't find it?

This wouldn't be a problem if Fedora actually updated Mesa reasonably, but unfortunately, Mesa is one of the packages where updates are sluggish and conservative - even bugfix releases.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
          Is there a Fedora COPR that tracks latest *stable* Mesa? I know there are various COPRs that track bleeding edge Mesa and LLVM, or even special branches. But there is a distinct lack of a COPR that tracks the latest release. Or maybe I just can't find it?

This wouldn't be a problem if Fedora actually updated Mesa reasonably, but unfortunately, Mesa is one of the packages where updates are sluggish and conservative - even bugfix releases.
          You obviously are using the wrong distribution!
          Don't worry though; I used to be a Fedora user myself until I saw the light:

https://launchpad.net/~kisak/+archive/ubuntu/kisak-mesa

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post

You don't need a COPR for that as you can install select packages from testing or rawhide (currently tracking Fedora 32) using dnf.

Comment

Working...
            X