Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 19.3 Released With Big Updates For Intel's Open-Source Drivers, Valve ACO Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 19.3 Released With Big Updates For Intel's Open-Source Drivers, Valve ACO Option

Phoronix: Mesa 19.3 Released With Big Updates For Intel's Open-Source Drivers, Valve ACO Option

After a few weeks worth of delays due to blocker bugs the release of Mesa 19.3 is out today as a big end-of-year upgrade to the open-source OpenGL and Vulkan drivers for Linux systems. Intel and AMD Radeon driver changes largely dominate the work as always but there is a growing number of embedded driver changes and other enhancements for this crucial piece to the open-source 3D ecosystem...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So there is plenty new stuff I will use now, ACO and Nir for AMD, Iris for Intel :-)

And I will test Zink then, great to see it now in a Mesa release!

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      So there is plenty new stuff I will use now, ACO and Nir for AMD, Iris for Intel :-)

And I will test Zink then, great to see it now in a Mesa release!
      there is a lot to play with in this release - quite a lot of fun to be had!

Comment

Is there a Fedora COPR that tracks latest *stable* Mesa? I know there are various COPRs that track bleeding edge Mesa and LLVM, or even special branches. But there is a distinct lack of a COPR that tracks the latest release. Or maybe I just can't find it?

This wouldn't be a problem if Fedora actually updated Mesa reasonably, but unfortunately, Mesa is one of the packages where updates are sluggish and conservative - even bugfix releases.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
          Is there a Fedora COPR that tracks latest *stable* Mesa? I know there are various COPRs that track bleeding edge Mesa and LLVM, or even special branches. But there is a distinct lack of a COPR that tracks the latest release. Or maybe I just can't find it?

This wouldn't be a problem if Fedora actually updated Mesa reasonably, but unfortunately, Mesa is one of the packages where updates are sluggish and conservative - even bugfix releases.
          You obviously are using the wrong distribution!
          Don't worry though; I used to be a Fedora user myself until I saw the light:

The goal of this PPA is to provide the latest point release of Mesa plus select non-invasive early backports. Deviations from upstream packages are listed on the package details page. --- Support status --- Bionic (18.04) - Discontinued - Long term users can use kisak-mesa stable Focal (20.04) - Supported Jammy (22.04) - Supported Lunar (23.04) - End of Life - Removal after 4 weeks (2024-03-01) Mantic (23.10) - Preliminary support (Not tested locally) Note: Please report any issues to mesa...

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post

You don't need a COPR for that as you can install select packages from testing or rawhide (currently tracking Fedora 32) using dnf.

Comment

Working...
            X