Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bridgman
    replied
    Yeah, you have to read between the lines a bit. Sometimes the GFX core in a family of GPUs is exactly the same between versions, but Navi12 and 14 had some GFX core changes relative to Navi10, and have different compiler targets (gfx1010, 1011, 1012). That usually means slightly different code paths as well.

Thanks for the feedback; good to hear your 5700XT is working well for you.

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned non-functional NGG, did they ? All Marek said was that the 19.2 pull request was using non-NGG paths because there wasn't going to be time to debug the GDS hangs and still get into 19.2.
    That's a misunderstanding on my part then. I assumed it needed the non-NGG path because NGG was broken. Glad to hear that this isn't the case. Though if Navi14 uses the same architecture and belongs to the same family, it still sounds surprising that the same code path that worked on Navi10 doesn't work there.

By the way you guys did a really god job on Navi10, I'm a happy customer of the RX 5700XT.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Venemo View Post
    Ah, sorry for asking then. But considering that it's dumber than the Navi10 (because of its non-functional NGG), I would wager that this is gonna be the cheaper version.
    Originally posted by cb88 View Post
    It seems very odd that AMD would release a GPU with broken NGG *after* Navi 10...
    I don't think anyone mentioned non-functional NGG, did they ? All Marek said was that the 19.2 pull request was using non-NGG paths because there wasn't going to be time to debug the GDS hangs and still get into 19.2.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Is Navi14 the cheaper or the more expensive variant of Navi?
    All the leaks consistently say it's the cheaper version. In fact this article by Michael says it's intended to compete with the 580/590/1660.

Leave a comment:

• cb88
    replied
    It seems very odd that AMD would release a GPU with broken NGG *after* Navi 10...

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I don't believe we have announced it yet.
    Ah, sorry for asking then. But considering that it's dumber than the Navi10 (because of its non-functional NGG), I would wager that this is gonna be the cheaper version.

Leave a comment:

• JMB9
    replied
    Seems to be the cheaper ones - which emerged in benchmarks.
    If that is true it may be called RX 5600 (XT) with 2/3 of the 36 CUs of the Navi 10, i.e. 24.
    After a leak Navi 12 would be a bigger version - for RX 5800 (XT).
    Maybe those `secret service' habits should make it more popular ???
    But possibly we will get those info a few weeks after the anouncement.
    Last edited by JMB9; 27 August 2019, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    I don't believe we have announced it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
    What about
    ARB_gl_spirv / ARB_spirv_extensions?
    as of AMD is usually less then week behind Intel in openGL extension support

Intel's OpenGL Linux Driver Now Has OpenGL 4.6 Support For Mesa 19.2 on 21 August 2019
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not happening for 19.2, particularly with the RadeonSI NIR bits still not default, would be too late for them to change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X