AMD To Land Support For Navi 14 Into The Upcoming Mesa 19.2 Driver Stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD To Land Support For Navi 14 Into The Upcoming Mesa 19.2 Driver Stack

Phoronix: AMD To Land Support For Navi 14 Into The Upcoming Mesa 19.2 Driver Stack

As a possible sign that AMD Navi 14 graphics cards could be coming sooner rather than later, support for Navi 14 is slated to be back-ported to the Mesa 19.2 release due out in a few weeks rather that entered its feature freeze earlier this month rather than waiting for next quarter's Mesa 19.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about
    ARB_gl_spirv / ARB_spirv_extensions?
    as of AMD is usually less then week behind Intel in openGL extension support

Intel's OpenGL Linux Driver Now Has OpenGL 4.6 Support For Mesa 19.2 on 21 August 2019
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
      What about
      ARB_gl_spirv / ARB_spirv_extensions?
      as of AMD is usually less then week behind Intel in openGL extension support

Intel's OpenGL Linux Driver Now Has OpenGL 4.6 Support For Mesa 19.2 on 21 August 2019

Not happening for 19.2, particularly with the RadeonSI NIR bits still not default, would be too late for them to change.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Is Navi14 the cheaper or the more expensive variant of Navi?

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post
          I don't believe we have announced it yet.
          Test signature

Comment

Seems to be the cheaper ones - which emerged in benchmarks.
            If that is true it may be called RX 5600 (XT) with 2/3 of the 36 CUs of the Navi 10, i.e. 24.
            After a leak Navi 12 would be a bigger version - for RX 5800 (XT).
            Maybe those `secret service' habits should make it more popular ???
            But possibly we will get those info a few weeks after the anouncement.
            Last edited by JMB9; 27 August 2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I don't believe we have announced it yet.
              Ah, sorry for asking then. But considering that it's dumber than the Navi10 (because of its non-functional NGG), I would wager that this is gonna be the cheaper version.

Comment

It seems very odd that AMD would release a GPU with broken NGG *after* Navi 10...

Comment

All the leaks consistently say it's the cheaper version. In fact this article by Michael says it's intended to compete with the 580/590/1660.

Comment

Ah, sorry for asking then. But considering that it's dumber than the Navi10 (because of its non-functional NGG), I would wager that this is gonna be the cheaper version.
                    Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                    It seems very odd that AMD would release a GPU with broken NGG *after* Navi 10...
                    I don't think anyone mentioned non-functional NGG, did they ? All Marek said was that the 19.2 pull request was using non-NGG paths because there wasn't going to be time to debug the GDS hangs and still get into 19.2.
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X