Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microcode
    replied
    Third time's the charm. Good luck Alyssa.

Leave a comment:

• blackshard
    replied
    I write from a rk3288 (Mali Midgard) tvbox running armbian and I wish to say good luck, with all my personal devotion!

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    And? There is still a boatload of devices that need this driver and won't become obsolete any time soon
    Not only that. Those amlogic devices are *new* SoC's that use *old* MALI's.
    If this works out well, we might actually be able to have open source gles drivers on the galaxy s2. (Ok, actually that's a different project, because that's the rebooted lima driver).
    But we still buy loads of exynos 5422's. If panfrost works on that I would be very happy on my desktop. (and all PoS systems I manage).

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Found the NVIDIA user.
    I wish. I've heavily considered getting many of the Tegra/Jetson platforms, if only they weren't so expensive.
    Also, my gaming PC is all-AMD, and my laptop is all-Intel.

My only PC with Nvidia hardware is a hackintosh with a GT 630.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Normally, I don't care that much about drivers being open-source,
    Found the NVIDIA user.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Definitely great news. Normally, I don't care that much about drivers being open-source, but this is one of those times where I think it matters and is very beneficial. This is the kind of thing that might make ARM platforms explode in popularity.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
    Did you guys hear that Arm announced the mali G77 gpu a few days ago, that uses a new gpu architecture called Valhall, the successor to Bitfrost. That will probably take a while to be supported.
    And? There is still a boatload of devices that need this driver and won't become obsolete any time soon

Leave a comment:

• phoron
    replied
    Many thanks to Alyssa and congratulations to Collabora for having signed her in.

Did you guys hear that Arm announced the mali G77 gpu a few days ago, that uses a new gpu architecture called Valhall, the successor to Bitfrost. That will probably take a while to be supported.
    Well, in my dream world a good Panfrost support may still compete with Valhall and cause slower sales of the newer versions, eventually pressing ARM to offer similarly open support if they want existing customers to buy again, since good free software helps their customers hold their existing hardware for longer and saving on new purchases. I know not everybody thinks like I do, but they eventually learn too ... ;op

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Oh wow, congrats Alyssa (if you frequent this forum)! this is awesome news!

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Yep heard of that. Sadly I don't think there is enough open Mali based hardware out there to justify the effort. I continue to look for ARM based hardware that doesn't suck and frankly it isn't easy. I was actually hoping that ARMs new owners would have implemented a few changes by now to make ARM and the Mali series of GPU's well supported. In the end we will get drivers for hardware just about the time those GPU's are no longer relevant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X