Gallium3D's OpenCL "Clover" Begins Seeing New Activity Land For Mesa 19.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
    Sadly ROCm isn't an option for my Carrizo, cause HP doesn't provide the necessary CRAT table.
    So right. And sadly Polaris without PCIe 2.x atomics (without 'new' firmware).

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
      Sadly ROCm isn't an option for my Carrizo, cause HP doesn't provide the necessary CRAT table.
      I imagine CRAT-faking would be fairly straightforward... the problem is that it has to be done for each individual platform. The good news though (IIRC) is that a handful of different CRATs would probably suffice and it would just be a matter of picking the right one.

Maybe the combination of a few tables plus an "amdgpu.fakecrat=3" kind of boot parm would work. Hmm... (says the guy with three Kaveri systems).
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

Not sure what distro you're using, but it didn't help us that the Debian packaging scripts broke libclc for quite a while, which meant clover was unusable on Ubuntu, Debian, etc unless you compiled it yourself from source. At least for the built-in math libraries, we're getting there for having an implementation of everything needed.

The clover code itself does have room for improvement in resource/event management, but I'd say the biggest issues we ccurrently have are:

1. not supporting images (an optional feature, which will eventually be addressed).
        2. Only exposing CL 1.1, which means that we can't support 'static' declarations in compiled kernel code. You can override the CL and CLC versions through environment variables to see if that allows a given program to work. The main holdup for 1.2 support is probably an implementation of 'printf', which is nontrivial, but I had started an implementation of a while back..

Sadly, the pool of people working on Clover right now are mostly volunteers who do this in their free time, subject to real life interference.
        Originally posted by pmoreau View Post

This series was mostly about some code improvements and some fixes inside clover, and Nouveau won’t be advertising OpenCL support just yet as there are other pieces that are missing. However, once those extra pieces land, the plan is to continue working on it, and add support for OpenCL 1.2, 2.0 and later.
        Note that almost all the work done to get Nouveau to advertise OpenCL support, is work that benefits all drivers using NIR, and will make it easier for them to also advertise OpenCL support if they want to.
        As someone still trying to get some semblance of compute out of their GCN 1.0 card, thank you for all your work on Clover! I'm especially looking forward to being able to play around with SPIR-V, since neither ROCm OpenCL (going by https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute...time/issues/57) nor either of the proprietary AMD/NVIDIA drivers do.

Comment

Working...
        X