Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.3.8 Is Being Prepared With Another Dozen Fixes

Phoronix: Mesa 17.3.8 Is Being Prepared With Another Dozen Fixes

While Mesa 17.3 started out very buggy, the developers have slowly been getting it into shape. If you are waiting to upgrade to the newly-released Mesa 18.0 until it further stabilizes with some point releases, Mesa 17.3.8 will be released in the days ahead as the latest and greatest off last quarter's driver code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    a few Intel OpenGL and VUlkan driver fixes

Comment

I swear if Arch Linux doesn't get Mesa 18 in their official repos soon and instead has weeks more of this shit. I just want to see if it fixes one problem but I don't feel like tainting my system with AUR or manual builds of llvm/mesa.

The one thing I do miss from Gentoo was easily and automatically building the entire graphics stack from git, mesa/llvm/xorg/libdrm/xf86-video-*

Comment

So you don't wanna taint your system with AUR but you miss Gentoos live ebuilds 😕 That seems a little contradictory

Comment

It's already in testing repo with llvm 6.

Comment

Originally posted by czz0 View Post
            I swear if Arch Linux doesn't get Mesa 18 in their official repos soon and instead has weeks more of this shit. I just want to see if it fixes one problem but I don't feel like tainting my system with AUR or manual builds of llvm/mesa.

The one thing I do miss from Gentoo was easily and automatically building the entire graphics stack from git, mesa/llvm/xorg/libdrm/xf86-video-*
            You can still do this in Arch. And if you don't want to use AUR for whatever retarded reason, you can use ABS to upgrade mesa by modifying the official pkgbuilds yourself. I have done it plenty of times in the past...

Not to mention that MESA 18.0.0 has already been in testing for 2 days. So my impressions is that AUR may not be tainting your system but you sure as hell are tainting Arch with your presence.

Comment

People have said not to mix individual packages from the testing branch, which is obviously a bad idea on a binary distro, and I'm not fully moving to testing.

Sorry I don't want to use shitty ass AUR virus builds for core packages like llvm/mesa.
              Last edited by czz0; 30 March 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X