X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Angel
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadewolf View Post

The question is: do you really need OpenGL > 3.3 on that hardware?
    Sorry for meddling, but as someone in the same situations: yes, I need higher OpenGL on mine HD5730. More over: I need specifically that 64 bit support for Space Engine. Because simply overriding OpenGL version leads to SpaceEngine crash, which most probably because it's using those extensions. Which not at all surprising, given how much work SpaceEngine does.

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by fettouhi View Post
    Not to take this off-topic but does anyone know what is going on with the AMD r600 driver? I am still stuck on OpenGL profile 3.3 with my HP Elitebook 8460p laptop. It has an AMD Radeon HD 6470M GPU with 1 GB RAM.
    The question is: do you really need OpenGL > 3.3 on that hardware?

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    According to this, overriding worked even for unreasonable 15 months old 11.0.3

But at least two points to mention - Gentoo user likely isn't average Joe and answer might be hidden as HD6950 is also what Dave had to hack on

It makes sense to force BI to run on that TDP 200W card, but on mobile 6400 serie... he, he, that is 10 times slower even on paper with proper drivers
    Last edited by dungeon; 22 January 2017, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Tried overriding and it doesn't work. I tried it on Bioshock Infinite for example and it keeps complaining that I don't have the proper OpenGL profile.
    Did you over-ride both GL and GLSL versions to 4.1 ?

In theory BI only requires GL 4.1 but I found a few posts suggesting that it also used some 4.2 and 4.3 extensions, and may actually require the driver to advertise 4.2 or 4.3. That doesn't match what the developers who worked on the port are saying though. I would try over-riding both GL and GLSL to 4.3 as a next step although AFAIK BI received an update to fall back if the 4.3 extension (copy_image) was not available.

It also appears that some people have been over-riding the GLSL version higher than the GL version, eg:

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.1 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=440 %command%
    Is your mesa version reasonably new (last 6 months or so) ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 22 January 2017, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Unlikely to be any real difference between those two driver releases... And 378 wasn't even out when I was doing these tests.
    the base is complety different but ok

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Everything is implemented up to GL 4.1 other than emulating the FP64 support your chip doesn't have (which no known game uses anyways), so you should be able to over-ride to at least 4.1 and run successfully. There are only a couple of GL 4.2 extensions not implemented and I don't remember seeing them get used either... 4.3 is *probably* the first place you will run into problems over-riding.

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

I thought I read a recent article here about someone in the community working on emulating FP64, does anyone remember ?
    Yes, libSoftFloat - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...q=libSoftFloat

https://github.com/Hopetech/libSoftFloat but hasn't been touched now since November.

Leave a comment:

• fettouhi
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Everything is implemented up to GL 4.1 other than emulating the FP64 support your chip doesn't have (which no known game uses anyways), so you should be able to over-ride to at least 4.1 and run successfully. There are only a couple of GL 4.2 extensions not implemented and I don't remember seeing them get used either... 4.3 is *probably* the first place you will run into problems over-riding.

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

I thought I read a recent article here about someone in the community working on emulating FP64, does anyone remember ?
    Tried overriding and it doesn't work. I tried it on Bioshock Infinite for example and it keeps complaining that I don't have the proper OpenGL profile.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    It only sounds bad in your mind. Everyone else thinks it's fantastic to have unfettered documentation that anyone can contribute to and anyone can easily see.
    Where i said that it is bad? Model is not bad, model is fine actually. But one thing is model and another is practice, otherwise no one will ask where is that GL4 for r600

And totally different is the way how you distribute something, that can be in opensource or not way... whatever, each developer side has code anyway . Difference is only for user, where user can see or can't see code. So when you can see it, now be free go and help it if you want

What's bad is this, find an equivalent repository for AMD's proprietary driver... Go ahead. A hint, it doesn't exist and never did.
    nVidia has equivalent blob repository Find some even 12 years old nVidia's card install their blob and things works. That 304.xx serie would be dropped at the end of this year.

And equivalent of that is AMD driver dropped in year 2012. , but user could still use that on Debian 7 LTS supported till middle 2018.

Like it or not, if someone want/need to use blobs... possibilites are there. Otherwise opensource or buy new hardware and use what you like.
    Last edited by dungeon; 22 January 2017, 01:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Not to take this off-topic but does anyone know what is going on with the AMD r600 driver? I am still stuck on OpenGL profile 3.3 with my HP Elitebook 8460p laptop. It has an AMD Radeon HD 6470M GPU with 1 GB RAM.

Last edited by bridgman; 22 January 2017, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    I'm late again. Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix
    the consumer GTX 105/1060/1070/1080

Leave a comment:

Working...
X