NVIDIA Posts Initial Signed PMU Firmware Support Patches - Currently For GM20B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    People on NVIDIA use the blob, they are fine and happy already.

And you should know as you are a NVIDIA user, aren't you fine and happy with your blob? Why you even care about open NVIDIA drivers when NVIDIA is doing a so great job with the blob?

/pulling your leg a bit, don't take it too seriously, even though I kinda mean what I say.
    Actually, you nailed it pretty well. I use Nvidia and I don't care much about this, I don't see many people (other than nouveau devs) caring too much about this.
    Truth be told, the developer in me would like to see open source drivers from Nvidia, but let's face it, there are no signs of Nvidia going there.
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    bug77 is squarely in the NVIDIA camp, he is usually supportive towards NVIDIA.
    I like to think that I'm in both camps (my second 3D card was an ATI and back in AthlonXP/64 days I thought I'd never touch intel). I'm just having a hard time supporting a player that's constantly catching up. And I will certainly not buy vaguely working hardware hoping that it will get proper support before being deprecated. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Actually, you nailed it pretty well. I use Nvidia and I don't care much about this,
      I think I had you confused with 'pal666' account (sorry).

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I think I had you confused with 'pal666' account (sorry).
        No worries

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          I like to think that I'm in both camps (my second 3D card was an ATI and back in AthlonXP/64 days I thought I'd never touch intel). I'm just having a hard time supporting a player that's constantly catching up. And I will certainly not buy vaguely working hardware hoping that it will get proper support before being deprecated. That's all.
          Which, as I said, makes you a moderate NVIDIA supporter (not a fanboy, but you genuinely prefer NVIDIA due to acceptable reasons).

Really, a true AMD fan plays on Windows just so he can support AMD to make better linux drivers for the future.

#goRedTeam

Comment

Working...
          X