VDPAU API H.265 / HEVC Decoding Lands In Mainline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParticleBoard View Post
    You know why nvidia pulls this stuff? Because the "who gives a shit" people like you.
    It doesn't matter what I think. You vote with your wallet, and I haven't bought an Nvidia product since an nForce4-based motherboard in 2005.

Comment

Good evening, already exits a decoder for windows, using OpenCL Strongene PC, it works well and is used for decoding of H265. So the problem would take him in linux.
      works with radeon 5000 and higher

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        @ParticleBoard
        I would not consider the above 3.5 GB VRAM bug of the GTX 970 so critical for current games as you already could see lots of benchmarks, those would be always the same - if you know the internal specs or not.
        True, once Nvidia is done fine tuning the memory allocation this memory restriction will be completely transparent to the user, since the GPU memory does store a lot of relatively static data during rendering. If they've done the fine tuning to begin with, no one would ever have noticed except for CUDA and OpenCL workloads.

Comment

Not Nvidia releated, but Intel Skylake:

Look for "skl_hw_codec_info" in:

Also interesting - look for "hook_list[]" to see with Pentium/Celeron uses a similar video engine.
          Last edited by Kano; 12 February 2015, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X