X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Whatever the case, I just updated the packages and now it seems that the issue is gone.
    It looks a nouveau patch in gallium-nine, I thinks it is this issue: https://github.com/iXit/Mesa-3D/issues/4

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    The only change in latest packages is indeed inside nine and not related to nv:

I disable gallium-nine until this problem is fixed. Compiling now.
    Whatever the case, I just updated the packages and now it seems that the issue is gone.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Just tried your latest packages and the problem is not resolved, still same issues.
    The only change in latest packages is indeed inside nine and not related to nv:

I disable gallium-nine until this problem is fixed. Compiling now.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    Forced an update now.
    Just tried your latest packages and the problem is not resolved, still same issues.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by okias View Post
    All Radeons patches are in Mesa, but we have some patches touching Nouveau. At this moment I dropped some controversial patches, so "if" (I had only reported some vertical inverted screen for some games and wrong colors for one) is it caused by this, after next release of oibaf Mesa it should be gone
    Forced an update now.

Leave a comment:

• okias
    replied
    Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    I doubt Gallium Nine would cause any kind of issues with the driver itself. I was under the assumption that software is programmed in a modular fashion, with Gallium being rather modular itself. Therefore, Gallium Nine code would only get called when Gallium Nine is actually being used by software -- aka a Gallium Nine-patched wine.
    All Radeons patches are in Mesa, but we have some patches touching Nouveau. At this moment I dropped some controversial patches, so "if" (I had only reported some vertical inverted screen for some games and wrong colors for one) is it caused by this, after next release of oibaf Mesa it should be gone

Leave a comment:

• smekras
    replied
    Originally posted by werfu View Post
    Btw Smekras, have you been able to test DRI3 Buffer Offloading on your dual-gpu card? Does it work?
    can't say that i have... or that i know how to, really. would appreciate pointers

Leave a comment:

• mmstick
    replied
    Originally posted by imirkin
    Might want to check it with a clean mesa build rather than with the gallium-nine patches on top (which also modify drivers). I haven't heard of any such issues until now.
    Originally posted by log0 View Post
    Lol, can't wait to see mesa bug tracker being spammed by gallium-nine users. It's not like they had enough to do anyway.
    I doubt Gallium Nine would cause any kind of issues with the driver itself. I was under the assumption that software is programmed in a modular fashion, with Gallium being rather modular itself. Therefore, Gallium Nine code would only get called when Gallium Nine is actually being used by software -- aka a Gallium Nine-patched wine.

Leave a comment:

• log0
    replied
    Lol, can't wait to see mesa bug tracker being spammed by gallium-nine users. It's not like they had enough to do anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jsa1983
    replied
    Not sure if its the same problem, but I have had a similar corruption problem on KDE with oibaf's 10.4~git1408251930.83503f+gallium-nine~gd~t mesa version. I have just upgraded to 10.4~git1408260730.018875+gallium-nine~gd~t and the problem is gone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X