The Maintainer Of The NVIDIA Open-Source "Nouveau" Linux Kernel Driver Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Yeah runs on the CPU. This thread is about GPUs so...
    Thing is, running StableDiffusion on your computer (instead of using some online service) is a niche.

MacOS has been gaining market share for the past 15 years, and yet we still have people telling us that it will supposedly "only go down from here" because it doesn't support this or that niche (be it Blu-Ray, stereoscopic 3D, locally executed StableDiffusion etc). Yeah, that's not what the majority uses their computers for. Look, I appreciate Windows supporting those, but it's not were the majority of usage is.
    Last edited by kurkosdr; 24 September 2023, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post
      English, please. What the hell are you even try to say?
      That you clearly will never understand what a desktop workflow is like, if you think of laptops in the same category. i.e. "it's a lost cause" to continue, it's like talking to a fish how the dry land is. You know the expression?

Comment

Originally posted by kurkosdr View Post
        Thing is, running StableDiffusion on your computer (instead of using some online service) is a niche.
        See above. That's like saying PCs (desktops, laptops, whatever) are a niche because most people use phones instead. That doesn't mean anything, because the value of a phone user is infinitely smaller than one desktop power user, in terms of productivity. And we're talking about power users here (well, I was).

Basically, most of the things you mentioned as niche are the de facto standard of power users. The rest is for what I call "peasants".

Comment

Working...
        X