NVIDIA Releasing Quake II RTX Open-Source In Two Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

There is a difference between a physical goods consisting of materials, and a piece of old software that is free to infinitely duplicate and that is no longer commercially viable and sold on the market.
    Except Quake II is still sold on the market and it's viable because the development cost has been paid for years, meaning that by now any residual sales are 100% profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post

Except Quake II is still sold on the market and it's viable because the development cost has been paid for years, meaning that by now any residual sales are 100% profit.
      Well I wonder if anyone really buys it. Just because its available for sale doesn't mean anyone is buying it.

Comment

Well I wonder if anyone really buys it. Just because its available for sale doesn't mean anyone is buying it.
        Maybe RTX owners will now. You can't say they aren't putting development time and money into it.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Maybe RTX owners will now. You can't say they aren't putting development time and money into it.
          NVIDIA is doing the work here, not id Software/Bethesda

Like with many other old games, the Steam releases of id Software games often leave to be desired with. If you buy them, you're probably buying them on sale just to get a legal copy of the game data, which you'll then use in a source port to get something works decently in modern configurations.

Comment

No, they won't.
            RTX owners didn't buy a new, crazy expensive, state-of-the-art GeForce RTX card to play a game that is more than twenty years old.
            Also, I doubt they put much development time and money in to it, its likely the work of a sole developer, perhaps as part of an internship.

Comment

No, they won't.
              RTX owners didn't buy a new, crazy expensive, state-of-the-art GeForce RTX card to play a game that is more than twenty years old.
              Also, I doubt they put much development time and money in to it, its likely the work of a sole developer, perhaps as part of an internship.
              I was being a little sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                Why does NVIDIA always have to do something good, but equalize it with something bad?!
                Perfectly balanced

Comment

Q2E v1.0 src. Contribute to poorgoat/Quake2Evolved development by creating an account on GitHub.

is mutch beter than this nvidea, it have beter graphics and it work without RTX

Comment

NVIDIA will release the Quake II RTX on both Windows and Linux.
                    How will this work on Linux? Considering that the game (from Steam) does not support running on Linux.

Comment

I was being a little sarcastic.
                      When using sarcasm on the Internet use an emoji to convey sarcasm.

💁🙃

Comment

Working...
                      X