Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AMD Linux Drivers Do Not Yet Support Radeon "Navi"

Phoronix: The AMD Linux Drivers Do Not Yet Support Radeon "Navi"

Since yesterday several (Windows-focused) publications have been running stories about how AMD's next-gen "Navi" GPU was supposedly spotted in the AMD Linux driver code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

here we go, actual good information about it, where it came from and why it is there - nicely done!

Comment

Am I the only one who reads phoronix even though I don't understand any technical terms.😅

Comment

Originally posted by KRiloshart View Post
        Am I the only one who reads phoronix even though I don't understand any technical terms.😅
        What terms in this article are you unsure about? Actually have an idea for a phoronix dictionary thing but haven't time to implement it yet.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What terms in this article are you unsure about? Actually have an idea for a phoronix dictionary thing but haven't time to implement it yet.
          Don't Worry Micheal, Its just that i am technically dumb. For the 'phoronix dictionary' you can put a lot of its weight on phoronix readers, i am sure there are many people who will want to contribute for that.

Comment

If you have interest in such things your curiosity should be driving you to a deeper understanding. That is do the research that gives you the level of understanding that you need!

frankly it will help with your enjoyment hobby wise or even professionally. You don't need to know everything of course but if you gave an interest don't keep yourself in the dark!

Comment

Thanks for writing this up. I'm sure we'll get some internal emails about it.
              Test signature

Comment

Probably not, but many in this forum do understand what is written in the articles even if they are not programmers or professionals in the field.

You might want to ask questions in the forums to get someone to explain what's going on.

Comment

Any updates on the topic? Is a Linux AMD Navi driver in the works?

Comment

Working...
                  X