AMD Rolls Out ROCm 1.7 Platform For Supercomputing 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium

it only sound like a excuse so we do not need to worry about upstream we just start our own upstream ---

why even make the kernel portion upstream? why not just start your own kernel and make this new kernel the new upstream LOL

this can only be a joke. for the end-users upstream is what is the default in the distro all other babbling is just a excuse.
    Distros are downstream, they send things upstream

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      You're just trolling, right ? Please don't tell me you expect a serious answer to that.
      You (AMD) really need to upstream the kernel part of ROCm as soon as possible, then everything will be easier for everyone and you won't have to answer such questions.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Closed source for now. No current plans to open it but that is a topic under discussion.
        So bad, I'll probably sell my HD7950 before it gets FOSS OpenCL support, if ever.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          You (AMD) really need to upstream the kernel part of ROCm as soon as possible, then everything will be easier for everyone and you won't have to answer such questions.
          We are - it's just a lot of work so even "soon as possible" isn't that quick.
          Test signature

Comment

Still can't find any ROCm 1.7 release anywhere... ?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

This topic was started 5 days ago when SC17 started . SC17 did end yesterday. From Denver to California it is 1000 km and it is weekend now. Next week AMD developers are at work.
              Although it's thanksgiving week -- many will be on vacation.

Comment

What's the current status of this? I can see a 1.7 tag on some repos, but not all of them.

Comment

I believe it should go out some time this week.
                  Test signature

Comment

I believe it should go out some time this week.
                    Any update on this? 1.6-180 is still the latest version on Ubuntu 16.04 using your ROCm repo.

Comment

It went out ~10 days ago. Might be a new location for top level instructions, not sure...

Part of 1.7 involved moving from kernel replacement to DKMS install of specific kernel modules, so you want to fully remove previous packages before installing 1.7.

I'm not sure if current support is Ubuntu only or Ubuntu + Fedora, will check tomorrow.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X