The UVD/UVD2 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Can you give me some hints to find that ? I have been hearing for years about promises we made but (either in press releases or interviews) so far I haven't had much luck finding any of them.

I know about Henri Richard's announcement, but I think it's fair to say that we delivered on that and more.
    Unfortunately the press release I can no longer find but an article touching on the subject can be found here:

and here

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      if we have 64 strong CPUs we can render Quake3@100fps!

Doesn't even require that. Again that would be inefficient. Your far better off with again a dedicated specialized solution.

Comment

your writing is pointless at this point becourse my tests show that the 9-4 catalyst with the newest wine 1.1.19 bring much better results !

aquamark3 works without any grafic errors or speed bugs...

Wow! And how many regressions have there been? How many more title's run on nvidia then on ati or intel? Why are you running the blobs?

Comment

and in the future OpenCL will be nice to render raytacing...
          Again thanks to the work of the evil doers

Comment

its simpel catalyst fix some bugs and the main dev of wine D3D works on the AMD code base in wine..

so in the near future wine will run much better on AMD carts!
            lol, on the blobs. The "near future" has been the "near future" for years already. You also assume that current alternative solutions are going to sit still and let GPU's do everything. That is hardly the case.

Comment

LOL... you can render raytacing in opencl you can do this in all ways!
              Exactly thanks to Apple and nvidia. I love how your so infatuated with solutions primarily developed by companies considered the "anti-christs" of foss.

Comment

Thanks !

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say "you gotta prove it !!", just looking for clues. If we have made commitments I would like to at least make sure we honour them.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  lol, on the blobs. The "near future" has been the "near future" for years already. You also assume that current alternative solutions are going to sit still and let GPU's do everything. That is hardly the case.
                  In fairness, this is perhaps the 10th "year of the Linux desktop". Then again, this year I think it's actually going to happen
                  Test signature

Comment

on the opensource side you can't fix anything !!!

becourse no 3D! and you need openGL3.0 or higher for the direktX9c textured shader shit!
                    lol, so your telling me that opensource can't incorporate a open standard as well as a closed development team. OK that sounds about right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      you are so.... f.... s.... you also can render raytracing on amd stream-sdk!

you f.... i... d.... s.....
                      As you can on Cuda... your point? Why isn't stream being used or brook being used as the base for openCL?

Comment

Working...
                      X