Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any chance that FirePro W5130M gets supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any chance that FirePro W5130M gets supported?

Is there any chance that FirePro W5130M gets supported by AMDGPU in near future?
    AMD Tropo, 925 MHz, 512 Cores, 32 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 2048 MB GDDR5, 1000 MHz, 128 bit

W5130M is GCN Gen1. So it might work with AMDGPU-PRO given experimental SI support, but probably unlikely it will ever see 'official' support on AMDGPU-PRO. Or you can try AMDGPU+RadeonSI with the experimental AMDGPU SI option (see today's article), but again is unofficial. Is there a reason why you don't just want to use Radeon DRM?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

IIRC this is basically Cape Verde underneath all the marketing names, so good chance AMDGPU-PRO would support it. I don't remember seeing this model before though, will dig around a bit...
      Test signature

Comment

I posted already a bug report (https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196247) but there seems to be no maintainers active in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by mat42x View Post
          I posted already a bug report (https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=196247) but there seems to be no maintainers active in this area.
          There is a separate bugzilla instance for the graphics stack; people will occasionally check the kernel bugzilla for misfiled tickets but that's about it.

Hate asking you to re-type, but if you really want to file against amdgpu rather than radeon your best bet is the FDO bugzilla, product DRI, component DRM/AMDgpu-pro

I do have to ask the same question as Michael though about radeon, which should support your hardware already. Does the card work with radeon ?

What are you looking for from amdgpu - are you coming from fglrx and looking for specific workstation functionality for example ?
          Last edited by bridgman; 22 July 2017, 07:44 AM.
          Test signature

Comment

Hi,

I see this is a fairly old thread. But I thought I'd go ahead and try to revive it. I also have a FirePro W5130M that seems to have pretty sketchy support under Linux. It seems to be a GPU specific to a few Dell Precision models. Mine is a Dell Precision 3510. I personally have only ever been able to get the GPU to run stable at full performance using the Dell customized edition of Ubuntu 14.04 that I got with this laptop. I bought it with Linux pre-installed by Dell.

I'm interested in doing the legwork of writing bug reports etc. But before I do that I thought I'd post in here with a little background on what I'm running into. I'm hoping to get a sense of how much sense it makes to pursue this. Like, is my GPU too old now to be worth the effort?

Thanks,
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X