Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karbowiak View Post
    so we can - you know - use it in QEMU for gaming? ^^
    why do you need to sponsor non-linux games?

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
      Here have some...
      sudo rm -rf /
      did you test it?

Comment

Originally posted by RemcoL View Post

Unlikely, since it requires additional hardware in the chip which is only in the cards for the professional segment.
        I'm afraid you're right. There have been a few statements for that being a "pro-feature".
        They are being ridiculous though, when Intel supports hardware virtualisation on any of their cheap ass GPUs for any customer and AMD does not...

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
          I'm afraid you're right. There have been a few statements for that being a "pro-feature".
          They are being ridiculous though, when Intel supports hardware virtualisation on any of their cheap ass GPUs for any customer and AMD does not...
          I don't think even Intel is calling their offering "hardware virtualization", and AFAIK it is not hardware-assisted other than maybe using IOMMU for process isolation.
          Last edited by bridgman; 25 March 2017, 03:08 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            I don't think even Intel is calling their offering "hardware virtualization", and AFAIK it is not hardware-assisted other than maybe using IOMMU for process isolation.
            You're right, they call it "graphics virtualization"
            Still they offer 3 different solutions to their customers. AMD offers none.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              why do you need to sponsor non-linux games?
              Because the world isn't black and white
              There are games that'll never come natively to Linux, and that Wine won't be able to run optimally - and instead of hamstringing myself to not being able to play them (or god forbid, having to reboot, to boot into a different OS to play them) - it would be neato if i could just fire up a VM, and get near native performance from it thanks to some clever hardware virtualization stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Karbowiak View Post
                There are games that'll never come natively to Linux, and that Wine won't be able to run optimally - and instead of hamstringing myself to not being able to play them
                why do you have to play them? there are more games than can be played by one person, games depend on you, not the other way around

Comment

Working...
                X