AMDGPU-PRO 16.60 Vulkan vs. Mesa 17.1-dev RADV Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like I thought, it's still buggy.
    Great, another 2 months just to see if AMD will even support my card at all. I should have just bought a NVIDIA card instead, I wouldn't have problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo
      ​​Did you test it with 4.9 kernel? It may happen to work with 4.10, which is less then 2 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
        Great, another 2 months just to see if AMD will even support my card at all. I should have just bought a NVIDIA card instead, I wouldn't have problems at all.
        What issues did you encounter ? Good bug reports can get *your* system running a lot more quickly.

Even better, test with all-open amdgpu on your spare drive, report bugs (which can be fixed more quickly because of the development model), and then try running OpenCL over the all-open stack as others have suggested.
        Last edited by bridgman; 29 January 2017, 10:47 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

"CL_HOST_OUT_OF_MEMORY" or something like that, I don't remember the exact message. It's the same message I saw when I tried 16.50. The difference now is that Blender/clinfo detect my card as "Pitcairn", but all the rest is still wrong: model, clocks, etc.

I'm not even in the mood to try with the open stack, because I tried it with 16.50 and the results were the same on 'Arch+OSS Stack' and 'Ubuntu+AMDGPU-PRO'.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo
            "CL_HOST_OUT_OF_MEMORY" or something like that, I don't remember the exact message. It's the same message I saw when I tried 16.50. The difference now is that Blender/clinfo detect my card as "Pitcairn", but all the rest is still wrong: model, clocks, etc.

I'm not even in the mood to try with the open stack, because I tried it with 16.50 and the results were the same on 'Arch+OSS Stack' and 'Ubuntu+AMDGPU-PRO'.
            I have same error on Arch+OSS amdgpu+16.60 opencl on Cape Verde with 4.9 kernel. So don't think it works for you as well.
            bridgman ​​​So where should I submit such bugreport then?

Comment

Originally posted by difron View Post
              ​​Did you test it with 4.9 kernel? It may happen to work with 4.10, which is less then 2 months away.
              I tested with 4.4 (the default Kernel on Ubuntu 16.04), which is the Kernel AMD tests this driver AFAIK.
              Last time I tested on Arch with the 4.7-staging Kernel.
              Last edited by Amarildo; 30 January 2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by difron View Post
                I have same error on Arch+OSS amdgpu+16.60 opencl on Cape Verde with 4.9 kernel. So don't think it works for you as well.
                bridgman ​​​So where should I submit such bugreport then?
                What specific model? I believe Cape Verde is not too far apart from my 270X.

These are the models 16.60 supposedly supports: AMD Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600 ​

Comment

Which app/test are you both running when you get this message ? Guessing Blender for Amarildo, does it happen with any simpler apps ?

If Blender, did it run successfully on the same system with fglrx ? Thanks !
                  Last edited by bridgman; 30 January 2017, 07:05 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Which app/test are you both running when you get this message ? Guessing Blender for Amarildo, does it happen with any simpler apps ?

If Blender, did it run successfully on the same system with fglrx ? Thanks !
                    Yes, Blender. I don't use OpenCL for other programs, but I'll try Luxmark on Ubuntu tonight to see if it works.

Interestingly enough, Catalyst doesn't work either. I tested it a few times in the last few months with different version of Blender (from the archive, and also from git) and it just didn't work. It did work for one specific version of Blender, which I don't remember, but then it just stopped working for some reason. I think Blender did something that crippled Catalyst 's OpenCL and also the Windows driver OpenCL for me, then I reported the problem (to AMD) and you fixed it quickly on Windows.

Comment

Luxmark doesn't work either, clearly something related to the OpenCL driver. You can see in the mid-right part of this image how a lot of information is just wrong: http://i.imgur.com/axSmPY9.png
                      Last edited by Amarildo; 31 January 2017, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X